Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Confident or not

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Perhaps [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] should write [MENTION=33332]CurlyBHAFC[/MENTION] an apology?
Not as much of an apology that Tony Bloom would have to write for shitting in the Queen's handbag.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Championship is so ridiculously close and players so well matched, that the key is to get a tune out of the squad you have. That's where Hughton's got to be focussing; how can we be most effective with the player's we've got. if he gets Kayal, Stephens, Baldock, Hemed, LUA LUA!! playing at the top of their game and within the best formation then we'll challenge. If he can add some real quality in the attccking third then so much the better. Quietly optimistic because we've kept hold of a manager, who knows his way round this division, for the close season and the signings to date look like quality additions.

Somebody got it spot on!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Very very poor recruitment again and as per usual keeping clean sheets is priority....Where the hell are the wingers and pacey midfielders and strikers?
Yet again we'll panic buy and overpay....Three bloody months to find the players and they fack it up again unreal.
Somebody didn't...

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Being a newbie to this board, the OP confused the **** out of me.

FWIW I think CH has made some very smart signings. Kayal, Knockaert, Bong, Goldson, Hemed, Murphy, Rosenior and Hunemeier has looked good when not injured. He resigned Bobby who has won us plenty of points, was getting the best we’ve seen out of Solly until his injury and had the vision to bring Kayal and Stephens together in the middle. Not one of those listed could be considered a dud. In addition he’s bulked out the overall squad depth with greater quality. I’m a realist but I do believe that if CH can solidify those positions which will likely need further cover over the summer with solid signings (and he’s proven that he has a great eye for players) then we could very realistically obtain automatic promotion next season if we don’t go up this year.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For what? I was right.

Oh.

I guess you were. We had about 26 points after the first 12 games and we were top I think.

Granted, a fluke on behalf of the Curly one, but nevertheless, that optimism proved right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Granted, a fluke on behalf of the Curly one, but nevertheless, that optimism proved right.
He wasn't being optimistic, he was just saying we needed to win half our games to finish in the top half, and he hoped we wouldn't be fighting relegation again.

On the plus side, it could be the fasted flounce in NSC history.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He wasn't being optimistic, he was just saying we needed to win half our games to finish in the top half, and he hoped we wouldn't be fighting relegation again.

On the plus side, it could be the fasted flounce in NSC history.

He did say "The first 12 games are critical. If we are to finish above half way we will need 6 wins and a couple of draws..."

I agree, it was the most monumental flounce.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here