Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Heart Surgery

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
NO I was at home and just taken the call to come in, stepping out of the door when another call came to hold on as they had an emergency coming in, annoying .............but that emergency could have been me, but every cloud and that I am top of the list next week .........................bag still packed and ready
OK, you have a generous attitude there and I think that's healthy. You would have had slightly more rights had you got there which I would have looked out for you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm out - they managed to insert three stents into the blocked artery - that's six in total in two arteries! Still have one partially blocked artery but they're dealing with that with pills.

I hope your operation has been as successful Glas.

It's good to have you back Creaky. I hope you're recovering well.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen Glas posting yet, so I hope he's ok.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Indeed happy for you Creaky, but getting a little concerned about glas. Been scouring the site looking for good news, but to no avail yet. I'm far way, so could anyone who does know end my anxiety please.
It's good to have you back Creaky. I hope you're recovering well.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen Glas posting yet, so I hope he's ok.

Trevor

NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I'm out - they managed to insert three stents into the blocked artery - that's six in total in two arteries! Still have one partially blocked artery but they're dealing with that with pills.

Well done Creaky. Fingers crossed for Glas

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Indeed happy for you Creaky, but getting a little concerned about glas. Been scouring the site looking for good news, but to no avail yet. I'm far way, so could anyone who does know end my anxiety please.

Glas was I believe in for a bypass, (something thankfully I have managed to avoid by the skin of my teeth). The recovery time is much longer as is the time before he'll be back home. Fingers crossed everything has gone well and look forward to hearing from him.

Trevor

NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The recovery time is much longer as is the time before he'll be back home. Fingers crossed everything has gone well and look forward to hearing from him.
That's right. When I had my heart surgery at Papworth the deal was that you couldn't be out less than 5 days after surgery even if everything went absolutely perfectly. That would take us to last weekend - so hopefully home in the next few days

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I had to beg them to let me out after the sixth day, so I could go home and watch 'that' play off second leg, shouldn't have bothered.
They like to keep you for seven days after a CABG.
Sure we'll hear soon

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I had to beg them to let me out after the sixth day, so I could go home and watch 'that' play off second leg, shouldn't have bothered.
They like to keep you for seven days after a CABG.
Sure we'll hear soon

Good to know the length of time. I think Glasfyn's last post om NSC was Sunday 1st Oct so pre med Monday/Tue? and op on Wednesday? at a pure guess.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

well done mate
as you can I am back they kept me in to get the heartbeat into sinus twice with shock treatment, then my kidneys started playing up
( just an excuse to stay with the fantastic nurses)
its now time to start taking it easy for a while at least
thank you all for your good wishes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
well done mate
as you can I am back they kept me in to get the heartbeat into sinus twice with shock treatment, then my kidneys started playing up
( just an excuse to stay with the fantastic nurses)
its now time to start taking it easy for a while at least
thank you all for your good wishes

Welcome back Glas. You haven't missed much.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Welcome back Glas. You haven't missed much.

thanks mate
did listen to both matches on my crackly tranny, as I had the op on Wednesday
still unbeated
what happened to the Argie

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to hear you're out and on the mend :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
thanks mate
did listen to both matches on my crackly tranny, as I had the op on Wednesday
still unbeated
what happened to the Argie

Do you mean Calleri? We put in a bid, but it's been turned down. We're also rumoured to be looking at another one called Bolanas (or something like that)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Do you mean Calleri? We put in a bid, but it's been turned down. We're also rumoured to be looking at another one called Bolanas (or something like that)

yes just been looking at that thread and the vids
look the biz ..................................10m phew

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here