Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
SU.jpg

v Sheffield United

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Are there any top down view aerial photography of the goldstone like this (with landmarks)? it would be easy to find the kick-off spot.

brighton_goldstone2.jpg

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Are there any top down view aerial photography of the goldstone like this (with landmarks)? it would be easy to find the kick-off spot.

brighton_goldstone2.jpg

That would be interesting. It would be nice to know where the centre spot is.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Threads like this I find get my emotions going. But the thing that's never stopped being so vivid. The smell of pipe smoke in the West stand seating near the front on the right as you look at the pitch. Got the seats my Dad had as season tickets for ages in the loft after liberating them after Doncaster game but that smell will never leave me! For those of us lucky enough to gone through those days, I feel lucky to have those memories, even through the dark times, will always be our home for me!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was an embarrassment of a stadium, mocked, as were we, whenever a 'big' team played us. 'Seaweeds'.

Yes of course I loved it at the time, the pipe smoke, the smell of wintergreen wafting off Henderson's magic thighs, the wonder of an evening game....

But we were never premiership ready, not even divison 2 ready. The East stand was roofless. The North was 'taken' by 5 Gillingham one afternoon. The owners were always lacking ambition. The ratty Tory council never supported any half arsed attempt we made to develop the stadium. It was mediocre. It had no future.

Yes, I loved it, but I also had the total lack of ambition of the age, and never questioned it. All my school mates had division one club badged bags to carry their homework back and forth at HGSB. We had no pride for our town (as it was) or our club, just affection. No real passion or belief.

Things are very different now. I love my Amex, my comfy seat, my ambitious and clever club, my hard nut chairman, the future we have.

Goldstone has gone. RIP. But it was very certainly not better back then. To think so is delusional.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here