3 Belgium
4 Colombia
5 Holland
6 Brazil
7 Portugal
8 Romania
9 England
10 Wales

I know Wales have had some good results lately, but bloody hell!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Absolute joke, as per usual.

Chile just won the Copa America, but Wales fluked a win against Belgium so that is probably worth more points.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So both Wales and England could be seeded if they both qualify for Euro 2016.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Absolute joke, as per usual.

Chile just won the Copa America, but Wales fluked a win against Belgium so that is probably worth more points.
Romania's last game was a 0-0 against Northern Ireland, which has catapulted them into the top ten.

At least Wales beat a team considered to be better than them...no idea how poor, brilliant, Chile have fallen foul of the coefficient system though.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Also France and Spain not included in the top 10.

How exactly are Spain and Chile not in the top 10? Also I assume France aren't in there as they are hosting the euro's, so haven't played any competitive games for quite some time? Alongside England, Slovakia are the only other team to have won every qualifying game, even beating Spain.

Wales and Romania have done well recently, but they can't possibly be within the best 10 teams in the world? Holland by contrast have been poor of late but somehow remain 5th?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The qualifying for the euros has been fantastic viewing this year. I'm not an england pessimist (as seems fashionable nowadays) but I've not really got engaged with our campaign as it's obvious we are the class act in our group.

However watching Wales, Northern Ireland and co also doing well has been brilliant. The wales/belgium match was just SO good to watch.

Sure, the rankings are deceptive as OBVIOUSLY teams like Chile, Spain, Italy and France ARE better but still, fair play to them. Amazing.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Also France and Spain not included in the top 10.

France are not playing competitive matches so are bound to fall down the rankings. Spain lost to Slovakia in October, and since have played Luxemburg once, Belarus twice, and Ukraine once competitively.

This is symptomatic of two problems with FIFA rankings: the more games you play, the higher you go (from memory South Korea got into top 10 in 2002 when hosting World Cup because they were playing friendlies every week), and not playing competitive matches against decent teams (which score much more highly) means you slip down. Wales scored bucket loads of points for beating Belgium in a competitive match, which is not something that other countires can do because they will only play the other top teams competitively every other year. Exception is South America, where WC group is one so each country plays 18 qualifying matches and decent teams (Argie, Brazil, Chile, Colombia) play each other.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Is the wrong answer.
image.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's difficult to code such rankings, and for that reason I don't think they are of much value. It's a shame that they corrupt some official draws though. Love Wales as I do, I don't think they should have been given a top ranking in the World Cup draw.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FIFA. Is that Sepp Blatter's outfit? And they ranked who, where?

How much did it cost them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here