Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton/ Palace late 70's early 80's

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yup, we were also being bankrolled by Keith Wickenden, who was quite wealthy, but he was killed in a helicopter accident (I think). Bamber talked the talk in relation to finance, but suspect he was in hock to the banks to quite a degree.

From then on it was a slippery slope.

SAme with Palace in the 1970's once good old Arthur (Stand) Wait sold out to Bloye.

Bloye then went down a dodgy road over the Sainsbury's deal and we ended up nearly in the third tier in the mid-80's but saved by our youth policy which produces the South London All-stars.

If Albion can get a similar system going for the South Coast you may be able to get the best youth, it works much better than paying established players megabucks, they're all mercenaries imho.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I think Bamber was the cause, and of course he died tragically just when Albion needed more finance.

In the book written when you got promoted to Div 1 he said that the club needed a new stadium, but of course once you were relegated that just wasn't possible financially.

Thought you were blaming Barber for a second...

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Phil Bath,Ricky Ball,Barry Boxall,Mark Kenyon,Steve Hubbard,John Nottal,Micky Douglas,Andy Gardiner,Brian Groves,Neil Kenyon,Mark Smith,Paul Jarvis,Vince Jarvis,Floppy Ansbro,Dave Clark,Ricky Jordan,Johnny Ball,Terry Sargeant.................add some names here guys.They seldom took a step backwards.
:nono::facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

there was a small group of them in Newhaven, got a bit lively with them in the choo choo on one occasion a few years back so i got told ??? someone might know a bit more about it ???
regards
DR

Do you mean the incident on the train from Seaford to Falmer when it pulled into Lewes?
Or are you talking about the RC?

might have moved to Seaford ,
regards
DR
A few of them in Seaford, I know one very well but he is a decent family bloke and not involved.
Some of the cheeky buggers even drive around with Palace stickers on their cars.

Jan 30, 2008
Do you mean the incident on the train from Seaford to Falmer when it pulled into Lewes?
Or are you talking about the RC?

A few of them in Seaford, I know one very well but he is a decent family bloke and not involved.
Some of the cheeky buggers even drive around with Palace stickers on their cars.
in the RC , the incident on the train at lewes had been brewing
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Do you really need codes for stuff that happened 30-40 years ago?

YES....1975 was 40 years ago.......A very long time ago.

So all you have come up with is a list of names, no story or anything. Put your name on here then, I think that's fair so the blokes you have listed can see who you are.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Err, I think Pretty Pink Fairy's about 15 judging by his endless and tedious 'coded' posts re: naughtiness. You can take the boy out of the tear-ups, but you can't take the boy out of the boy unfortunately.

You've done it now ! Das and the wsf will be out and about early doors looking for a bit of botty !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here