Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If my maths is correct then we have lost one (headingley in 09) of our last 15 tests at home to Australia. That is quite amazing. Are they worse tourists than India?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm sorry my answer to your question wasn't good enough.
Wales seems more friendly towards England than Scotland. I could never see an Ashes game in Glasgow going down well with the locals.

Amazing how a team that lost 5-0 down under last time can turn it around under home conditions. Hope they can produce similar pitches for the remaining tests, as Johnson who was unplayable down under, now seems ineffective as a bowler at the moment.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

What a strange post, the Lions are a completely different entity in terms of national identity, 'I'm sorry' that you are unable to understand that and that you have some kind of isssue with that being pointed out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What a strange post, the Lions are a completely different entity in terms of national identity, 'I'm sorry' that you are unable to understand that and that you have some kind of isssue with that being pointed out.

It was a strange question for you to ask seeing as you seem to think you know the answer anyway.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It was a strange question for you to ask seeing as you seem to think you know the answer anyway.

Did you read my response in relation to the Fleur de lis and the British Lions in relation to the England cricket crest/shirt at all? If you did you wouldn't have made such an irrelevant response. Weirdo.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did you read my response in relation to the Fleur de lis and the British Lions in relation to the England cricket crest/shirt at all? If you did you wouldn't have made such an irrelevant response. Weirdo.

So the badge isn't the same, ok. However the England team has had plenty of Welsh players in it as well as a some Irish and Sweaties - like the British Lions.

Former Welsh England player Robert Croft was quoted as saying that he considered playing for Glamorgan like playing for Wales and playing for England like playing for the British Lions. This view seems to be mirrored by Welsh fans.

Why am I a weirdo? All I did was give you an answer to your question; it wasn't an opinion or something I just made up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we're all a bit sorry your answer wasn't better.
He hasn't suggested he knew the answer, he's just saying that the English cricket team and British Lions have a different identity. It's obvious that the Welsh would support the Lions, it's not so obvious they'd support England.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes. Same way that Welsh rugby fans support the British lions.

I think we're all a bit sorry your answer wasn't better.
He hasn't suggested he knew the answer, he's just saying that the English cricket team and British Lions have a different identity. It's obvious that the Welsh would support the Lions, it's not so obvious they'd support England.

You're right, it's not so obvious that Welsh cricket fans would support England, but that was the reasonable question he asked.

His question (verbatim): Do Welsh cricket fans really get excited about an Ashes victory for the national side?
My answer: Yes. Same way that Welsh rugby fans support the British lions.

What was wrong with my answer? It's factual and not just my opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His question (verbatim): Do Welsh cricket fans really get excited about an Ashes victory for the national side?
My answer: Yes. Same way that Welsh rugby fans support the British lions.

What was wrong with my answer? It's factual and not just my opinion.
Fair point, but he didn't respond badly to that, he just said he didn't think it was a great comparison.

I think that Welsh people who aren't that fussed about rugby still know who the Lions are, and want them to win, and I'm not sure the England cricket team gets as much support, purely because it's historically and English team, it's called England and the badge has the 3 lions.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hehe, it was great, after the lambasting I had to put up with, with the early loss of wickets on Friday night, I nonchalantly walked into the pub late this afternoon and inquired, why the cricket wasn't on, after all, wasn't it the fifth day?
The response I got was to say the least, muted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here