Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

top half finish?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Pace, pace, pace to do anything in this league you need pace, we have not improved on that at present so at present we will not be quite as bad as last season but still lower middle prediction 16th. However I am expecting more signings so will hold of a proper prediction but as many say we are still desperate for that creativity and pace to move up the league.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's 11/10 with betvictor. I think it's a shoe in. We will sign another 3-5 fairly decent and probably foreign players and will finish 8th or above imo. Thoughts?

I don't think so somehow. In my view, we are way short of having a top 6 or even a top 10 side at the moment. Other than perhaps KLL on a good day, I can't see that there is anyone in our squad who is capable of frightening the opposition. We need 3/4 more players as a minimum - two of which need to be top drawer (and quick) if we are going to do anything in the coming season.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's 11/10 with betvictor. I think it's a shoe in. We will sign another 3-5 fairly decent and probably foreign players and will finish 8th or above imo. Thoughts?

As you can't spell 'shoo in' maybe you should buy a nice pair of Grensons with your money, they'll last longer than the bet

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Do you really think Mourhino would of done much better with that squad? He kept us up which would of been the objective.

Yes I do, I think a lot of managers would have done better. I very much doubt the objective was to finish the way we did and just avoid relegation despite the manager having a January transfer window and spending a few quid on loan players.
New season now though, we shall see if he can turn it around.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So they should be, get the defence right and goals will come. Last season our defence kept us up.

Provided we do not concede any goals that will be fine. 40 clean sheets will see us through to the play offs.

Thank god you are not in charge! If we'd have had the best defence in the league (we weren't far off) we'd not have reached the top half, let alone the playoffs. Our defence had no confidence because we couldn't score - did you notice how we'd concede straight after we'd scored on a regular basis? Your argument is back to front, it should be - 'start scoring goals and your defence will tighten up'. This happened to the top three teams. Your passion for George Graham style '1-0 to the Arsenal' dull & outdated football is as sad as it is perplexing. This 'get the defence sorted first' dogma is just absurd - why did we not finish 7th last season with the 7th best defence? Why did the goals not 'come'? If we'd have conceded the fewest goals in the league last season, where do you think we would have finished? I think we'd have finished about 14th.

Edit - what team as ever got anywhere near to 40 clean sheets???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

That is a shocking price. It should be about 6 to 1. As it stands we are the weakest team in the league, only Rotherham got fewer points but only 1 after a 3 point deduction. We have lost 8 players and got in 4, who may or may not turn out to be good. I feel it will be a hard season and lower mid table with the very weak squad we have would be an achievement

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
That is a shocking price. It should be about 6 to 1. As it stands we are the weakest team in the league, only Rotherham got fewer points but only 1 after a 3 point deduction. We have lost 8 players and got in 4, who may or may not turn out to be good. I feel it will be a hard season and lower mid table with the very weak squad we have would be an achievement

Certainly looks like i'm in a big minority. We will see. But with a few more signings I think we will be fairly competitive. I do worry about the manager though but he has done well with reasonable squads previously.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

US fancies we'll struggle: Guaranteed promotion.
Get on LARGE.

You have not been charged for this information.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
US fancies we'll struggle: Guaranteed promotion.
Get on LARGE.

You have not been charged for this information.

It's certainly looking more like a good bet with the signings. Top half 11/10 looks good for me.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Reckon about 18th with our current squad...no pace or goals in the current squad to be frank.
Another long 1 goal a game season....the club are to obsessed with dire defensive football.

Is there a thorn stuck up your arse?

Not once have I seen a positive post from you. Very bitter. Even after the club makes excellent signings, with NINE WEEKS left to sign more players at the time of your post.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
when thread made we assumed several more it looked good bet.

Now I'd say we could get top half but most likely 13th downwards

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Perhaps bookies have more sense than to jump to the wild conclusion that the team won't change? Is that how it works with mortgage interest rates too?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
so, about that top half finish at 11/10

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So they should be, get the defence right and goals will come. Last season our defence kept us up.

Provided we do not concede any goals that will be fine. 40 clean sheets will see us through to the play offs.
40 clean sheets could also give us 40 points and relegation. Fair play though, George Curtis had the same idea; that went well............

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's 11/10 with betvictor. I think it's a shoe in.
That's what I thought last summer. Amazing just how wrong I was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here