Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Postions do you think there are left to fill?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good progress so far, all that's left is the first eleven.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
2/3 Centre Backs. We only have ONE Centre Back good enough for the starting 11 and he might be off.
1/2 Wingers

That would probably do me, maybe a Tex/Lingard style Prem loan creative CAM as well.

I think we look short up front. Hughton does not rate Colunga and O'Grady cannot be relied upon to score. I think it's highly likely that one or both may not be at the club by the end of the window but even if they are - will they deliver the goals we need? On the evidence of last season, I very much doubt it. That would leave us with just two first team forwards. When Harper is fit, he'll begin in the development squad so we also need another first team striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we look short up front. Hughton does not rate Colunga and O'Grady cannot be relied upon to score. I think it's highly likely that one or both may not be at the club by the end of the window but even if they are - will they deliver the goals we need? On the evidence of last season, I very much doubt it. That would leave us with just two first team forwards. When Harper is fit, he'll begin in the development squad so we also need another first team striker.

Depends on a couple of things;

Whether Hambo/Harper are straight into the first team squad.
How many we play upfront.

If we play one up front then we have TOO MANY strikers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Happy to see Hemed and Baldock headline a 4-4-2. I rate Baldock in the right combo.

More concerned about a winger and a central defender, sooner rather than later.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Depends on a couple of things;

Whether Hambo/Harper are straight into the first team squad.
How many we play upfront.

If we play one up front then we have TOO MANY strikers.

The way we have set up would suggest a little and large partnership. Hemed and Baldock currently 1st choice. COG/Colunga 2nd and Hambo/Harper ther future?

I'd certainly still like to see a new pacey forward to be Hemeds partner as im not convinced about Baldock.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
The way we have set up would suggest a little and large partnership. Hemed and Baldock currently 1st choice. COG/Colunga 2nd and Hambo/Harper ther future?

I'd certainly still like to see a new pacey forward to be Hemeds partner as im not convinced about Baldock.
whos this pacey forward you would like us to sign then

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I still believe strongly that come the opening fixture we will still play with 1 up front.

Baldock will if he gets in the side still be playing a wide role much like last season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Centre half, winger & striker who are all first team ready and then I think we're there.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I still believe strongly that come the opening fixture we will still play with 1 up front.

Baldock will if he gets in the side still be playing a wide role much like last season.
sorry disagree why would we start pre season playing 4-4-2 then if you think come the 1st game we will start with 1 upfront

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
sorry disagree why would we start pre season playing 4-4-2 then if you think come the 1st game we will start with 1 upfront

there will ofcourse be times when we will play 4-4-2, probably if were chasing a game.

But generally much like last season in my opinion it will be 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 which ever way you look at it.

We will simply get over run centrally in a 4-4-2 in the championship...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
there will ofcourse be times when we will play 4-4-2, probably if were chasing a game.

But generally much like last season in my opinion it will be 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 which ever way you look at it.

We will simply get over run centrally in a 4-4-2 in the championship...
sorry disagree i feel we will play 4-4-2 or 4 -4-1-1 this season and start with 2 wingers with baldock and Hemed up front

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
sorry disagree i feel we will play 4-4-2 or 4 -4-1-1 this season and start with 2 wingers with baldock and Hemed up front

We better buy more than the 1 winger your after then Mark as we currently have March and Lua Lua as our wide men.... both hugely injury prone ...

we shall see regarding the formation, but the numbers of central midfielders compared to wide men we have suggest 3 centrally.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd like us to get one additional winger in before the season kicks off. A second winger I imagine may well be a long loan from a prem club after the season starts. One top notch centre half around about 28 years of age with prem experience ideally. Another striker to compete or compliment with Hemed. If he gets injured we are in big trouble if its down to COG/Baldock. I'd also love some real flair in the attacking midfield, tex mk.2

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Think Hughton will give the youth a chance this season - with Rea, Harper, Hambo, Tilly and Dallison all being on the fringes of the first team, but definitely need a few more experienced heads around them.

We definitely need an experienced centre back ( if Dunk goes), pref in his mid to late 20's and who knows the division. A versatile and creative winger who can play on either side and also a striker in the Gary Hooper mould.

Expecting 3-4 more very good signings, prefer quality over quantity.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
5 more to come i think. Harper was wrapped up on Tuesday so if Hughton said 5 more last night i don't think that would be inlcluding Harper. Harper would make it 6 which i think would be right.

1 CB
2 Wingers
1 CAM
1 Striker

Chicksen, COG, Colunga to go.
Sounds right.

Minimum needed by Forest ( preferably by Sevilla ) :
1 Winger
1 Central Defender

Additional needed by Transfer Deadline Day :
2nd Winger
1 Striker
1 Central Attacking Midfielder

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Winger x 1 (though wouldn't mind 2!)
Creative midfield player
CB

Would offload Colunga (as seems likely).
Chicksen on-loan to Crawley
COG on loan somewhere from October, when the new signings are fit.

If we could find a replacement I would take the money for Dunk as well.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Winger x 1 (though wouldn't mind 2!)
Creative midfield player
CB

Would offload Colunga (as seems likely).
Chicksen on-loan to Crawley
COG on loan somewhere from October, when the new signings are fit.

If we could find a replacement I would take the money for Dunk as well.

I would add one more striker to that list. Would keep Dunk unless he wants to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here