• Mayonnaise

Votes: 59 56.7%

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mayo all the way. Salad Cream is an occasional break from the norm but rarely makes its way into my shopping trolley.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There can be only one.

Love Heinz salad cream. Don't much like mayo - don't seem to mind it if it's slready on something I buy, but if I buy a jar or make it, it's awful.

They're not nearly the same thing, of course - salad cream is cooked (I made some once from an old recipe), whereas mayo has raw eggs.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mayo all the way. Salad Cream is an occasional break from the norm but rarely makes its way into my shopping trolley.

Yes, that's because you're not a CHAV.

Although...I LOVE brown sauce. Really love it. Does that make me a chav? I think it might. In which case I can't help it: I am what I am and what I am needs no excuses.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This may all be true for younger folks, but how many old timers here remember seeing anything other than salad cream on the shop shelves, back in the distant past. Mayonnaise was exotic, and foreign, same as garlic, and you didnt see too much of that either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They both taste the same to me ...................... not that I'm bothered I can't tell them apart; not fond of the taste anyway.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Salad cream. On chips, in a fish finger sandwich, in a cheese sandwich. I will however concede that tuna is mixed with mayo.

And I also quite like those Hellmans flavoured mayos, especially the mustard one!!! But I always have salad cream in the fridge, but I rarely have Mayo

Tomato sauce can be added to Mayo to produce a fairly decent Seafood Sauce thing.

Ever tried that with Salad Cream? No?

Well there's your answer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... But I always have salad cream in the fridge, but I rarely have Mayo

are you trying to upset people? you cant say that, just say you have salad cream in the kitchen and leave it at that.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Salad cream was invented as an ersatz mayonnaise and thus is inferior to it in every way :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here