Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ACTUAL Wording Of What Greece Is Voting For Or Against On Sunday

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A bit like me telling my Bank I'm going to have a Family Vote to see if we want to pay off our Loan or not, I don't think the Bank will give a toss either way.

Cheap Greek Holidays and Drachmas all round by this time next year?

We are in Limassol on holiday and asked our friend what difference a yes or no will make to Greece and Cyprus and his view was that it will not make any difference they will go the way their governments want to. So what is the point of this referendum or is it just people in the street dont understand the implications. He did say the average Greek or Cypriot was better off before either joined the EU.

Bearing in mind that Cyprus is a different country with a different set of relationships with other nations (e.g. Russia), the outcome of the Greek referendum could have a significant impact on how the IMF treats a future financial crisis in Cyprus. There's an opportunity for the international community either to repeat the mistakes that have been made with Greece, or to avoid repeating them.

All the signs are that making Greece suffer is not in the best interests of Europe. A NO vote in the Greek referendum gives the European institutions a chance to backtrack. They might well welcome that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here