Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think I like it.

01chelsea2.jpg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The mockup looks better than the artistic conceit of the sepia tinged artwork.

Seeing all this makes me pine for the days when we all sat watching the webcam of the Amex being built. It's lovely to be in it of course but watching it take shape was just so exciting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] pointed out on a less childish thread, London is going to be spoilt for choice when it comes to world class, large stadia. There is no city that comes close to rivalling it when Chelsea and Spurs have finished their digs.

Wembley, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Olympic Stadium, Twickenham - six world class stadiums, all to hold between 55,000 and 92,000 people, and all are brand new except the last one, which instead has been pretty much rebuilt over the past two decades.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] pointed out on a less childish thread, London is going to be spoilt for choice when it comes to world class, large stadia. There is no city that comes close to rivalling it when Chelsea and Spurs have finished their digs.

Wembley, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Olympic Stadium, Twickenham - six world class stadiums, all to hold between 55,000 and 92,000 people, and all are brand new except the last one, which instead has been pretty much rebuilt over the past two decades.
But this is all balanced with the fact that Selhurst Park will still be in existence !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But this is all balanced with the fact that Selhurst Park will still be in existence !

That's not really London is it? More the scraggy armpit of Surrey surrounded by dog shit, car fumes and dreary suburbia. It only clings onto being in London with a postcode of SE97 or something. Certainly easy enough to airbrush out of the city anyway.

Plus it only holds 23,000, I know that's true, because that was the gate for a play-off semi with their arch rivals.

Actually, my mistake. They expanded it to 25,500. I know that, because that's the gate when Liverpool or Man Utd are in town, and we all know Palace fans aren't plastic in any way which is why they rightly accuse us of being so.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's alright, but given Chelsea's wealth I was expecting more than a Blue Emirates with an interesting exterior

Exactly what I was thinking: innovative and futuristic from the outside, just another big, boring bowl on the inside. Not that their knuckle-draggers will care much either way.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Hiya

Is 'drip' one of those words which operates as a kind of currency for 'hard-nuts' who use it to maintain their status and general edge? Kind of like 'melt'?

You know, like I saw in those films about footy causals?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Be nice to see a new stadium seemingly built out of bricks (not that I'm ever likely to actually see it, they already charge away fans £50 upwards. Good on the architects for breaking away from what is now considered to be the norm, it's not as if they can't afford it.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, it is definitely different and interesting... I'm not sure whether I actually like it though. I'll be more interested to see what the concourse spaces are like, light and airy like the new Yankee Stadium I'd hope.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's nothing like the Emirates. Take of your anti Chelski specs and just comment on the architecture.
I don't have anti Chelski specs. I've been to the Bridge and of the 13 Prem grounds I've done it's probably my favourite! Looking at the pictures this morning though the inside does look similar to arsenal in my opinion, just not quite as rounded.

The new WHL, in comparison, looks amazing.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's not really London is it? More the scraggy armpit of Surrey surrounded by dog shit, car fumes and dreary suburbia. It only clings onto being in London with a postcode of SE97 or something. Certainly easy enough to airbrush out of the city anyway.

Plus it only holds 23,000, I know that's true, because that was the gate for a play-off semi with their arch rivals.

Actually, my mistake. They expanded it to 25,500. I know that, because that's the gate when Liverpool or Man Utd are in town, and we all know Palace fans aren't plastic in any way which is why they rightly accuse us of being so.
It is really mate, much as i dislike Palace , Selhurst Park is in London proper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here