Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moral question

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Usual simster blather..

You need to come to terms with a few things.

1. You are stupid
2. This is a functional issue and not a moral one.(Or a disfunctional one.)
3 You usual drama fueled preening will get you knowhere

Either you or your other half or both are anti-social, unfriendly, unlikable, smelly or hopeless at getting your shit together.. Lets assume it the last one, as most have said in this thread friends networks and local traceys etc is a more sensible and practical way forward. Getting involved with 3rd party agencies is the road to ruin and invariable will end up in a bout of online histrionics on NSC.

Go and make some effing friends with teenage daughters, or get a decent Xbox, a few tinnies and contact some of the saddo's on here to see if they want to make some kebab money. It really is that simple.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Alternatively there are a number of young eastern Europeans who advertise in Friday ad that they will undertake all services. I see some do tutoring as they offer A levels (no mention of GCSEs though).

Why not book them and get them round for a few hours?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We're must be talking minimum wage (for the sitter if not the agency) here. An amount which probably means a lot to the sitter. I'd have just paid it and moved on to be honest.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I agree very odd. I would never have let my children be babysat by a stranger. They're too important for that.weird concept.

Going against the grain here, but we've used sitters before. You get to speak to the person in question before hand, they are fully CRB checked, some (ones we've had anyway) are parents and/or teachers.
All in, better than some spotty 15 year old who wants a lift/taxi for the mile journey home at the end, just plunders your data allowance all night, and wouldn't know what to do/how to comfort a waking child.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Going against the grain here, but we've used sitters before. You get to speak to the person in question before hand, they are fully CRB checked, some (ones we've had anyway) are parents and/or teachers.
All in, better than some spotty 15 year old who wants a lift/taxi for the mile journey home at the end, just plunders your data allowance all night, and wouldn't know what to do/how to comfort a waking child.

Not all of them are. From http://www.sitters.co.uk/questionsanswered.aspx#A9 :

Q: Are all Sitters babysitters police checked?
A: More than half of Sitters babysitters have experience working as a Registered Childminder and would have been cleared through the CRB (now DBS) as part of their OFSTED registration. Nannies working for families have not yet been required to obtain CRB (DBS) checks and for this reason we are very thorough in following up references with previous employers.

Beyond that: data allowance? Do people really have a data allowance?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They're going to be following me around the internet now.

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 21.07.58.png

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Not all of them are. From http://www.sitters.co.uk/questionsanswered.aspx#A9 :

Q: Are all Sitters babysitters police checked?
A: More than half of Sitters babysitters have experience working as a Registered Childminder and would have been cleared through the CRB (now DBS) as part of their OFSTED registration. Nannies working for families have not yet been required to obtain CRB (DBS) checks and for this reason we are very thorough in following up references with previous employers.

Beyond that: data allowance? Do people really have a data allowance?

Good to check, so yes not all. But all the ones we've had.

Beyond that: Yes, over half BT's packages are indeed that type - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/

:kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here