Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

82 yr old Wee Willie Harris sums up Kanye West

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst I'm happy to admit that Kanye is a complete knobhead, he is also one of the most talented musicians of a Generation. College Dropout and Late Registration are both masterpieces, whilst Homecoming and 808 were both way ahead of their time. MBDTF is one of the best Hip-Hop albumsever and Yeezus is another album which was ahead of its time. He's also one of the best beat producers in Hip-Hop.Anybody who listens to his entire back-catalogue and comes out thinking "That was shit" should probably stop listening to music.

Seeing people complain that he's headlining Glasto is hilarious.Waaah, he's not Rock enough... What you mean like Kylie Minogue & Beyonce who have both been announced as headliners? Bore off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst I'm happy to admit that Kanye is a complete knobhead, he is also one of the most talented musicians of a Generation. College Dropout and Late Registration are both masterpieces, whilst Homecoming and 808 were both way ahead of their time. MBDTF is one of the best Hip-Hop albumsever and Yeezus is another album which was ahead of its time. He's also one of the best beat producers in Hip-Hop.Anybody who listens to his entire back-catalogue and comes out thinking "That was shit" should probably stop listening to music.
Anybody who listens to his entire back catalogue HAS stopped listening to music.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Anybody who listens to his entire back catalogue HAS stopped listening to music.

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_banter5.gif

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Seeing people complain that he's headlining Glasto is hilarious.Waaah, he's not Rock enough... What you mean like Kylie Minogue & Beyonce who have both been announced as headliners? Bore off.

image.jpg

Listen to his entire back catalogue? I will pass if you don't mind, that sort of ' music' isn't for everyone.
I'm probably the same age as your dad though and I don't call my mates " bruv or bluuud' or wear a baseball cap with the peak at the back and have the arse of my jeans around my knees :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
View attachment 66436

Listen to his entire back catalogue? I will pass if you don't mind, that sort of ' music' isn't for everyone.
I'm probably the same age as your dad though and I don't call my mates " bruv or bluuud' or wear a baseball cap with the peak at the back and have the arse of my jeans around my knees :)

but, you do patronise people younger than yourself. Well done!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Music, each to their own.
The only subject that gets people so vexed on here seems to be restaurants!
Lot of music & "foodie" (God I hate that word) snobs on here.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
View attachment 66436

Brilliant ! A kindred spirit :) Regardless of his "talent" ,and that is a matter of opinion based on the listener,he is a big headed egotist and, as a result, in my opinion he is a plonker.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just don't get why people go overboard on Kanye, he seems little more than a karaoke singer. How can you headline a musical festival if you're singing to backing tracks rather than with a live band, or was the band hiding somewhere off stage.

Keep music live!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Some of his production is alright but he should be banned from holding a mic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just don't get why people go overboard on Kanye, he seems little more than a karaoke singer. How can you headline a musical festival if you're singing to backing tracks rather than with a live band, or was the band hiding somewhere off stage.

Keep music live!
This with knobs on! Backing tracks are not live music.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Keep music live!

No you are wrong, [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] has told us that Kanye is one of the most TALENTED MUSICIANS :laugh: of a generation.

:wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here