Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Seen them a few times over the years and always fun.

Blimey if I saw them more than once in my life in small venue I would be deaf I think! Back then I was an early teen and loved them live, I was thinking after watching last night I would love to see them live at there own concert again before Lemmy goes

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its a music festival and not a rock festival - if people want to call it that then they really should realise that it is actually a folk festival, my view is it should have the best of diverse music along with classic British bands

To be pedantic it's full title is "Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts" but I agree with what you're saying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just hope half the crowd don't boo him on and give him a chance, will be very embarrassing

They won't. We had all this nonsense before Jay-Z though, mainly from people who weren't going. On the night he played the perfect set and even his biggest critic, Noel Gallagher, said fair play.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looking forward to Kanye - the haters can hate, its not my style of music normally but he is such a big act will be good to see what he does on the pyramid I bet it will be a show and a half
Disagree 100%.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a stage with REAL musicians.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just watched Mavis Staples and Burt B on Iplayer. From one old man to another, he can knock out a tune or two :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Okay. Take Adolf Hitler. If I was to argue against his policies, it would have been said before and my argument would have been unoriginal. It wouldn't change the fact that it's true though.

Whatever

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
First impressions -- Poor start - hope it gets better.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've got no bother with a variety of artists and styles being in the same event, but if i were there i'd probably have gone off to another stage after about 2 minutes of this particularly out of tune rapping.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I am sorry but take away the lights and pre recorded backing music and all you have is some bloke shouting down a microphone occasionally in tune

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've got no bother with a variety of artists and styles being in the same event, but if i were there i'd probably have gone off to another stage after about 2 minutes of this particularly out of tune rapping.

Me too. What a ****ing bell end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hot Chip sound is awful. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here