Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Heatwave - In Walking *****

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Forecast is looking roasting
Tuesday 25, then 29, another 29 then a 27 before a 24
Get ready to fry those eggs on your bonnet & be prepared !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've been following the development of this on the models, and there's still a lot of variability. One of this morning's model had daytime maxima of 43c near London by Thursday or Friday!!

That of course is an extreme outlook , but I'd say we could see temps up to 34-35c later next week somewhere in Southern England as very warm air flows up from Spain.

Could be very interesting .

Papa

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've been following the development of this on the models, and there's still a lot of variability. One of this morning's model had daytime maxima of 43c near London by Thursday or Friday!!

That of course is an extreme outlook , but I'd say we could see temps up to 34-35c later next week somewhere in Southern England as very warm air flows up from Spain.

Papa

Yep Papa, this could be quite a significant heatwave if current forecasts are correct!

Could be some awesome storms drifting up from France later in the week, one thing I'm not looking forward to is the hot nights. :flameboun

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Papa

43 is a record is it not? & would beat my Seville in August on of 41c which was scorcio, but I dare say can be beaten on here!?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If close to or above 30 assume the rail lines will buckle causing delays cancellations etc and persumably on home bound trips

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
43 is a record is it not? & would beat my Seville in August on of 41c which was scorcio, but I dare say can be beaten on here!?

43c would beat the UK record by over 5c, so is extremely unlikely. However, with close to record high upper air temps possibly reaching us (23-24c at 850hpa) given a cloudless day very high surface temperatures are highly likely.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

43c would beat the UK record by over 5c, so is extremely unlikely. However, with close to record high upper air temps possibly reaching us (23-24c at 850hpa) given a cloudless day very high surface temperatures are highly likely.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
British obsession with the weather looks even more bizarre when you live abroad. The heat and humidity in New York is something to behold when compared to anything you see in the UK. Similarly in winter when everything here is so much colder.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
British obsession with the weather looks even more bizarre when you live abroad. The heat and humidity in New York is something to behold when compared to anything you see in the UK. Similarly in winter when everything here is so much colder.

Blah Blah Blah , my dad in bigger then your dad.

Let us just us enjoy ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here