Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015 - how's it gone for you so far?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Eldest son now a full Royal Marine Commando, had his passing out parade 2 weeks ago - very proud
Fortunate to buy a little holiday cottage in Kingsbridge, Devon where the wife has family, so she is delighted
She has had a promotion, so she is busy, happy and leaving me alone which is a definite bonus

2015 is good so far obviously apart from the football which I absolutely hated last season, although always happy to go to the Amex to meet my friends and have beer

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not bad so far cheers.
Well on the way to being on the Stunt Register and i'm getting some good work through that this year
Business about to launch
Cabin built on my place in Cornwall
And will be moving back to Brighton in August.

Downside is that I lost most of my family over the opast two years who never got to see me doing what I've always wanted to do but plenty of friends and extended family so cannot complain really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Difficult as still the possible threat of redundancy is in the air as we have a lot of competition in the market but remain positive.

Everything else is fine bar BHAFC last season.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
After last year, with becoming homeless and being sectioned, just having a meh year is a massive bonus. Moved into my own place in December, so that kicked 2015 off ok.

Money is tighter than ever, not working is incredibly difficult, I'm applying for part time jobs to phase myself back into work after nearly a year out. However, I get by, and I'm lucky to have some amazing friends and family. I'm hopeful something will turn up soon, and I'm getting help with sorting that out. I think accepting that sometimes you need to accept help that is offered in whatever form is that hardest thing to do, but it makes you stronger for doing so.

Starting doing my own radio shows in March, however, has been a massive turning point for me. I've developed a new social circle which have very quickly become like a second family, and I take a lot of pleasure from making people happy when I'm on air. It's given me a bit of purpose and has helped me return back to the person I was before everything went bang!! It makes me very happy and I hope to be doing it for a long time to come.

Been on a few amazing days out - Heineken Cup final was awesome, and managed to get to a couple of Albion games already this year, hoping for a few more next season. All being well, I'd like to get my ST back start of 2016-17, we'll just have to see!!! Rugby World Cup around the corner, and I have tickets for one of the Amex games, which is exciting, and I'm going to be so proud when I go to that!!

I'm approaching the second half of the year with a very cautious optimism. August/September will be hard, being a year on from everything, it's going to be hard not to dwell but so far I'm just content with the year being bang average. As long as the second half of the year continues in the same vein I'll be happy. Overall, 6/10 seems fair!!!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Unfortunately diagnosed with Parkinsons.

Fortunately I have a gorgeous wife and great kids. Life is still good compared to some.
I intend to always look on the bright side and keep laughing. (Unless LB returns).

Regards
Shakin Stevens

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Good year for me so far:

* Started the year in Thailand followed by Mombasa coast
* April I went to Dubai then 2 weeks in Sri Lanka which was beautiful
* Sister came out on safari with me in Masai Mara, it has been her dream to do it for over 30 years so that was a real highlight
* Got a promotion to head of 6th form at my school
* Next Sunday I fly to Muscat
* Then I fly back to Brighton for 5 weeks to see all my wonderful friends and family
* Going to Amsterdam for 5 nights with Tony Meola's loan Spell
* Got back into my music again and started home mixing and making tracks which I really love
* Seen some really nice boobs this year

A few more wrinkles and grey hairs as each year goes on but hey, life is good :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Good shit:

Exchanging contracts on my first house with wife and baby next month, so that's a massive +.

In the best shape of my life right now and playing football at a decent level, reached two cup finals this year (won one lost one).

Car passed its MOT yesterday with minimal damage to my wallet which was a bonus.

Shit that needs to improve:

Job could be better, it's comfortable but hoping to move onto something more demanding and exciting soon.

My wife is Ukrainian so I've been attempting to learn Russian very half-arsedly for the past 5 years, need to step it up really as my son is 9 months old and will be taught to speak Russian, Ukrainian and English. I really don't want to be the odd one out at family gatherings sat there like a **** just grinning like a ****ing fool. I've learnt the alphabet and some basics this year which is a start I guess.

I need to stop smoking.

7/10

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
On the whole, a very good year. Started badly as current employers said I would not be kept on beyond September and at the same time I went through some relationship issues. However, out of that I got a new job which is about as close to a dream job as it gets for the profession I'm in at my age. I will soon move to Oxford and start in September. Also, the relationship is back on track. Recently, my Grandma passed away which was sad but painless for her. She had said not long before that she was ready to go.

I have completed (I think) my teacher training while continuing professional singing career. A tough balance, but a very rewarding one. Yet again, I have learned a lot about my capabilities and it's been good to be busy. I decided shortly after I got the new job that singing will be the primary focus of my life and career from now on. Teaching will also play a major role, but I am pleased that the setback I suffered at the start of the year gave me some clarity on which direction I wanted to head.

Fitness needs to improve. Having meals provided at school seems great but lends itself to crap eating too much. Will get on the running over the summer and will be in better shape for my move.

Little brother found out yesterday that he smashed a first in his degree. Older brother gets married at end of August and I will be best man.

I'll say 8/10

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread is entirely worthless without a contribution from Dwayne.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Fantastic to hear how everyones year is going so far. Plus we are all united by the awfull season.

Me? A work in progress really.

I'm carrying on improving my mental health. Did a CBT course early this year, which was good and has helped.

Managed to keep my job. Still got a roof over my head, and paying off my mortgage quicker.

Did Brighton Marathon, despite doubts in my mind that I should even start. I've really struggled with my running, but so much want to get back into it.

Plus I've carried on getting myself out there and meeting people.

Been on a few nice trips away, and going to Vietnam for 3 weeks in November.

Though I have a nagging feeling that I want my life to go in another direction, its just trying to decide what.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been on a few nice trips away, and going to Vietnam for 3 weeks in November.

I got back from there 2 days ago. It was ace. You'll love it :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everything has stayed the same, but with more cycling.

The pooh has remained poohie the non pooh is all still fine.
As per my signature melancholia is incompatible with bicycling I'm fairly pleased with my 2015 cycling stats, to date I've ridden:-

2773.7 miles in 159.1 hours, climbing 126,677ft in the process.

So overall I must be better off than last year, and I'm also a fair bit lighter too.

6.38/10

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Some real highs and lows so far, hoping for a more normal rest of the year!

Highs
- I had lost a stone before going on holiday to Orlando at the end of April with the in-laws including the wife's brother, sister and their partners, 12 of us in a huge villa for father-in-law's 60th Birthday. That was a good day and holiday was pretty good
- Sorted out a decent loan to cover 2 lots of credit cards, now that the wife is back at work after Maternity, we can afford to get a loan and start saving some pennies for renovations needed on our House.
- Workwise helped deliver a huge project on Iberia.com which I'd been working on for 18 months, good to see that go in and stay live!
- Got 3 wonderful kids, and we're done producing kids so had a vasectomy in Jan. Got to go back in a couple of months as still got some swimmers!

Lows
- After returning from holiday, my wife had some tests which pointed to ovarian cancer. Very worried for a couple of months until she had the keyhole surgery a couple of weeks ago, turns out it was a mass of scar tissue from the 3 mis-carriages she had 18 months ago.
HUGE sigh of relief! (that last sentence is actually a high obviously)

- Put that stone back on and now can't shift the weight, I'm cycling everyday to work and back but I've got a sweet tooth!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Job Good
Health ok need to lose weight
Football well they always disappoint
Second marriage going well after just over a year, moving to a nice detached house in Hove in a few weeks too so 10/10
Ps the election result was the icing on the cake.

Stumpy Tim

Mainly good, though nothing is ever perfect of course.

Health - lost 1 1/2 stones last year, and kept it off this year
Job - Job isn't what I want it to be, but it's still pretty good really.
Family - Kids are great, marriage going well, parents still healthy. Younger sister not looking to move back from abroad any time soon. Younger brother about to bugger off to Canada himself. Other brothers doing well
Holidays - Been to San Fran & Ibiza. Going to Tuscany & Vegas later this year.

Football - RUBBISH

8/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here