Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mings to Bournemouth for £8million

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Incredible money for a championship left back. Good player with potential but 8 million quid?!?!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was this sort of crazy purchasing (McCormack) by Fulham that helped us get £10m for Ulloa. Perhaps this will allow us to get silly money for Dunk if he leaves?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ipswich will be laughing their heads off if they get £8 million for him. A full back, FFS. He's not a bad player, but come off it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gerard Delofeu, Barcelona to Everton: £6 million.

Mings: Ipswich to Bournemouth: £8 million.

Sounds spot on to me :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Silly money transfers like this are just a roundabout way of the Premier League TV money being distributed amongst the Champinship and below.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And Clyne is going for around £12m?

Clyne is worth that and more , the fee for mings is crazy . But I think we have a nice 20% sell on clause with soton as well :thumbsup:
I've got a horrible feeling dipsticks will come in for Johnny now .

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
A deterioration of quality in TV is known as Jumping the Shark.

In film, it is known as Nuking the Fridge.

In years to come, Bournemouth fans will ruefully hark back to this moment in Nice guy Eddie's tenure as 'Signing the Mings'.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A deterioration of quality in TV is known as Jumping the Shark.

In film, it is known as Nuking the Fridge.

In years to come, Bournemouth fans will ruefully hark back to this moment in Nice guy Eddie's tenure as 'Signing the Mings'.

More like when something is so stupid it can't be true like Fonzie jumping the shark hence the phrase and the Mings signing goes under the so stupid it can't be true

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good business by Bournemouth to secure the best full back in The Championship at a reasonable rate. Good business by Ipswich to get £8m for a player for whom they paid £10k. What this does do is make Dunk look overpriced at £5m in comparison, so perhaps we may keep hold of him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am jealous just jealous when I see things like this. Tinpot Bournemouth spending 8 million on just one player FFS. I have to agree with Ernest's opening post though.

How long will Howe retain the Midas touch? I have a horrible feeling he is gonna see Bournemouth do OK this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good business by Bournemouth to secure the best full back in The Championship at a reasonable rate. Good business by Ipswich to get £8m for a player for whom they paid £10k. What this does do is make Dunk look overpriced at £5m in comparison, so perhaps we may keep hold of him.

Really?..He didn't make the PFA team for the year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here