Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a surprise Leeds LIVE on SKY

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looking forward to Sky Sports posing the question to viewers on "who is the biggest club ?", Leeds United :lolol: or Portsmouth.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Token #twats

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right.....I'll say this really slowly and simply and then maybe this won't keep happening for the next 100 years, although these threads show no sign of slowing any time soon...

Leeds have a BIG (meaning lots of people) fanbase for a Championship side.
Sky are a BUSINESS (company that likes to make lots of money). The MORE people that watch, the BETTER for Sky.

Now, what was the need for the thread again?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right.....I'll say this really slowly and simply and then maybe this won't keep happening for the next 100 years, although these threads show no sign of slowing any time soon...

Leeds have a BIG (meaning lots of people) fanbase for a Championship side.
Sky are a BUSINESS (company that likes to make lots of money). The MORE people that watch, the BETTER for Sky.

Now, what was the need for the thread again?
Why don't they go to Elland Road, then. It was half empty when we beat them last August.
They're not even the biggest team in Yorkshire now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why don't they go to Elland Road, then. It was half empty when we beat them last August.

We have had a bigger average attendance than them now for last three seasons although the gap is narrowing.
Last year 25,644 compared to their 24,051.
Leeds were the 4th biggest attended club in the Champ last season.

If thats a Burnley reference then their average attendance last season was 19K.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sky couldn't care less about in-ground attendance if the at-home viewing attendance is plentiful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have had a bigger average attendance than them now for last three seasons although the gap is narrowing.

Burnley is in Lancashire.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I live in Sussex and I know at least 10 Leeds fans ...not just followers, fans that could name their whole team and hang on their results. Leeds are a well followed club whether we like it or not. Its a 1970s hang over, when I grew up in Surrey in the early 70s every other boy was a Leeds fan!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I live in Sussex and I know at least 10 Leeds fans ...not just followers, fans that could name their whole team and hang on their results. Leeds are a well followed club whether we like it or not. Its a 1970s hang over, when I grew up in Surrey in the early 70s every other boy was a Leeds fan!!

I also know 3 enthusiastic Leeds fans in Sussex.

I also have to confess that I too was a Leeds fan as a youngster, I joined their fan club, made my own replica shirt with a sewn on LUFC badge, had posters of Tony Currie, Billy Bremner and Alan Clarke etc on my wall. I lived overseas at the time and had no "roots" in the UK. As soon as I ended up at boarding school in Sussex, age 10, and found out that Brighton was my local football team, I decided that they would become my team. And they have been ever since.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sky have f*cked up big time here, Dirty L**ds get a bye in the early COC rounds owing European Champions League participation. :facepalm:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

To be fair they have a very big fan base all over the country, not just in Leeds. This is the reason that they always take, and sell, their full away allocation at the Amex, even though it's usually a weekday evening match.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Surprised no-one's mentioned Portsmouth yet - surely they are the second biggest team in the world after the mighty dirty Leeds?????? Edna ... shirley you have a view on this????

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I also know 3 enthusiastic Leeds fans in Sussex.

I also have to confess that I too was a Leeds fan as a youngster, I joined their fan club, made my own replica shirt with a sewn on LUFC badge, had posters of Tony Currie, Billy Bremner and Alan Clarke etc on my wall. I lived overseas at the time and had no "roots" in the UK. As soon as I ended up at boarding school in Sussex, age 10, and found out that Brighton was my local football team, I decided that they would become my team. And they have been ever since.

We've got two in our own team. They both play in goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here