Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor having a say on transfer rumours

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I hope for Hughton's sake whichever striker he signs is prolific because if we get another O'Grady or CMS the thought will remain that we should have signed Bobby when he became available.

It's very difficult to remain patient at the moment, but that is what we've got to do until the window opens in a week's time. That said, this club have lost all of their star quality players and even if we brought in, say, Murphy, Cody MacDonald, Pudil, Stephen Ward and James Perch we're still light years away from the squad of 2012/13. The Albion really need that Zamora signing for a whole raft of reasons.

O'Grady is a decent player he just needs quality around him, like Baldock, Kayal and Colunga who are all good on their day. I certainly wouldn't be dismissive of him.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
O'Grady is a decent player he just needs quality around him, like Baldock, Kayal and Colunga who are all good on their day. I certainly wouldn't be dismissive of him.

Although in a huge minority I'll stick my head over the parapet and agree with you :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
if we are serious about challenging this season then we are gonna need players a million times better than ogrady!!!!

Harsh. He scored against Arsenal. That's more than most of the teams they played going to Wembley, to win the cup.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
O'Grady is a decent player

He's really not, he's like a target man version of CMS in that he runs around a lot but most of it is up blind alleys. We need a lot better than O'Grady if we want to progress this season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Although in a huge minority I'll stick my head over the parapet and agree with you :thumbsup:

Yep, he is a team player, his hold up play and distribution is good, and with a couple of decent players working it with him he will be harder to mark, he will get more space and more opportunities. It doesn't matter how good a stiker is, if they are left isolated and without support, they won't score.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bit harsh I'd say, we don't know how much Bobby has been offered elsewhere if that's the case.

Might not be down to the club, rather a players greed ? Club can't just pay whatever they want

I have had a dozen or so conversations with Bobby over time & I doubt my his view about the club has altered in any great way
I have NO doubt that his money demands have been the issue.
He absolutely loved it here
If we can't pull this easy kill off of a beautiful player then it's an absolute disgrace
I'd rather have Bobby than Chris given the choice
Someone needs to pull their finger out sharpish & start raising instead of bluffing & folding

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I have had a dozen or so conversations with Bobby over time & I doubt my his view about the club has altered in any great way
If we can't pull this easy kill off of a beautiful player then it's an absolute disgrace
Someone needs to pull their finger out sharpish & start raising instead of bluffing & folding

So you think we should pay him whatever he asking no matter how much it is ?

I don't see it is an easy kill without knowing his wage demands

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Why would you spend so much money on a player with season on season diminishing returns, across the board on all his stats?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ulloa wasn't too bad at it.

Ulloa got regular game time, and even he would have had trouble scoring with Hughtons negative tactics in the last part of our season. Where was Ulloas magic when we played Palace for 180 mins or when he missed the penalty? Sometimes the Gods shine down on you and sometimes they don't, so hopefully next season O'Grady will get what he is owed. Murray had a poor season with Palace, followed by a brilliant one. From what I have seen of O'Grady's general game play, I believe he does have potential. The hold up play and assist to Kaz's goal against Derby was quality and there were other good moments like hitting the post, being a whisker wide, or shots well saved. Best was the one who spoilt his show last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here