Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anything?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My patience is beginning to run thin.
SIX WEEKS since this season finished and we've added precisely zero first team players to a club that managed 47 points from 46 games last year.

The players (all 16 of them, anyway) report back from holiday today for tests and stuff. Full pre-season training starts Monday week, so we have ten days in which we need to add at least 3 players (striker, winger, defender) to have them settled in for August.

****ing sort it out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If the Best coming back line is anywhere near the truth and not some sick joke, then surely questions have to be asked about the ability of Hughton. Even as a back up, Best would be on a significant wage (Blackburn are not going to put him on loan and not get any money back) and showed the grand total of zero desire to be here, would be truly dreadful signing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any vacuum of information will be filled with rumour.

With that in mind the still current rumours which I can gather are :

J. Murphy
M. Rasmussen
C. McDonald
S. Ward
R.L. Zamora

S. Blanco (loan)
H. Reed (loan)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This:
Leon Best is set to see out the final year of his contract at Blackburn Rovers, albeit out on loan.

The 28-year-old is understood to be on a lucrative deal since signing from Newcastle United for £3 million in 2012. Best has not made an appearance for the Lancashire side since November 2013 though.

Rovers have attempted to terminate the final year of the Republic of Ireland international's contract, but nothing was decided upon. Instead, Best will remain out on loan for a further season.

Best spent last season out loan at Derby and Brighton, failing to find the net in 27 appearances combined, although a run of injuries did restrict his action.

The former Newcastle striker is set to have cost Blackburn Rovers £11m for a return of just two goals and 16 appearances. Best spent his first time away from Ewood Park at Sheffield Wednesday in 2013.

Brighton are believed to want Best back for the 2015/16 season.

Wish you hadn't asked now??

don't say I did'nt tell you
my hope is the club are beavering away setting up deals on the quiet..because if they are not we are in the shite.
I have always thought that Best has been hiding his talents for this season coming and hope IF we do sign him he comes good

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
My patience is beginning to run thin.
SIX WEEKS since this season finished and we've added precisely zero first team players to a club that managed 47 points from 46 games last year.

The players (all 16 of them, anyway) report back from holiday today for tests and stuff. Full pre-season training starts Monday week, so we have ten days in which we need to add at least 3 players (striker, winger, defender) to have them settled in for August.

****ing sort it out.

With you totally on this. To make things a little worse 3 of the 16 are coming back from long term injuries, how ready they will be we can only speculate particularly in the case of Crofts.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
With you totally on this. To make things a little worse 3 of the 16 are coming back from long term injuries, how ready they will be we can only speculate particularly in the case of Crofts.

And Jake's away.
And at least two-three of them won't be here (or in the squad, at least) for the majority of the season.

Maybe it's wasn't all Burke...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
And Jake's away.
And at least two-three of them won't be here (or in the squad, at least) for the majority of the season.

Maybe it's wasn't all Burke...

The more you think about the more you realise just what a mess we are in. We are nailed on as it stands for relegation. Must be getting to the stage we each of our players can have his own changing room in our spanking new training facility.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It is nuts that the players come back for fitness tests today, I need another few months off from thinking about how shite Brighton are at least.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll be driving to the training camp in a single taxi at this rate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The paucity of information on new players has reached such a low state that we are now at the point where not even ridiculous rumours are appearing on here. At least we know who we're playing on the 8th August, we just don't know who will be playing for us. Has anyone, any information?

Do we know we're playing on the 8th August? Not, say, the 7th?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Bloody hell. I'm moving away from Brighton next year so I won't have a season ticket next year, but I do plan on attending a few games. Honestly, if we re-sign Best I will struggle to bring myself to go to even one. I have never disliked an Albion player as much as I do him.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
The paucity of information on new players has reached such a low state that we are now at the point where not even ridiculous rumours are appearing on here. At least we know who we're playing on the 8th August, we just don't know who will be playing for us. Has anyone, any information?

Even playing on 8th August is false if you read the other thread

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here