Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dogs and puppies to be eaten on Sunday in China

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The main feeling I'm getting from this thread is that maybe I'm missing out on some really TASTY meat.

This

I've just had a Bacon and Sausage sarnie for lunch seeing as its Friday. Bacon goes with most things, I wonder if it goes with Dog? Sounds tastier than the Dog soup that was mention earlier in the thread.

I could even imagine ordering it

'Alright love, Bacon and Spaniel on Brown, No butter no sauce thanks and a cup of black coffee'

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mass cull of all dogs. Then the Chinese wouldn't eat them, and I wouldn't have to put up with dog shit and dogs generally running amok off a lead on the undercliff walk.

A plan with no drawbacks :thumbsup:

Why is a dog different from a pig, a cow, a chicken etc? Either object to all animals being eaten or none at all. Object to poor animal welfare if that is going on, and it probably is. But don't just tell some people in China that they cannot eat dog, because you think they are cuter in some way than other animals people happily eat.

PS. I am expecting an awful lot of thumbs down for this opinion, it is not going to be popular.

I'm a vegetarian and I agree totally.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Apart from the appalling conditions they are reared and slaughtered in dogs are carnivores and therefore very, very unwise for humans to eat them. They are also scavengers. They are basically unfit for human consumption.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Apart from the appalling conditions they are reared and slaughtered in dogs are carnivores and therefore very, very unwise for humans to eat them. They are also scavengers. They are basically unfit for human consumption.

I think those are exactly the same reasons Jews, and Muslims don't eat pigs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think those are exactly the same reasons Jews, and Muslims don't eat pigs.

Pigs in this country aren't reared in faeces, they aren't fed meat and they aren't allowed to scavenge. However, Allah alone knows how they are reared in the backwards Hell holes Muslims and Jews call home.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Pigs in this country aren't reared in faeces, they aren't fed meat and they aren't allowed to scavenge. However, Allah alone knows how they are reared in the backwards Hell holes Muslims and Jews call home.

You might find a lot of intensively reared pigs and other animals are. The same for battery poultry. Some of the welfare treatment and living conditions can be pretty grim.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is hardly surprising, the Chinese will eat anything that is alive and moves. They have no regard for animal welfare and treat creatures as their personal fodder and don't get me starting on their legal ivory trade which means the World will see Elephants extinct in 15 years, for what ? A paperweight ? Rhino's as well, Tigers, Shark Fin soup and many more. A dreadful country for their appalling and disgraceful attitudes towards Animals

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it just me, or is everyone suddenly hungry?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here