Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I just don't get it!... posters writing him off on the basis of a very few mediocre games playing for Iran in the WC! Not even signed... give the guy a chance!...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Scored against Leicester and generally regarded as one of the better performers (I think)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I'd call that excelling, Brugge were pretty poor in the CL from what I remember of watching them that season. No wins and only 2 goals in their group games so it wouldn't have been hard to be one of their more stand out performers with what we know about Jose.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So sounds like he's off to Leicester then.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't know if I'd call that excelling, Brugge were pretty poor in the CL from what I remember of watching them that season. No wins and only 2 goals in their group games so it wouldn't have been hard to be one of their more stand out performers with what we know about Jose.

But on that basis shouldn't Ali have stood out more for Iran?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
But on that basis shouldn't Ali have stood out more for Iran?

The commentators repeatedly mentioned that the Iran coach was often bemoaned for using massively negative tactics, so it’s not entirely beyond belief that he wouldn’t have been able to express himself fully and stand out in the system he was playing in, particularly when nobody else in the squad did either. We’re talking about 2 different players playing in 2 different teams in 2 different competitions. I personally don’t think their separate players performances are relevant to one another. This point about them domestically playing in a crap league could’ve been applied to the likes of De Bruyne (when Chelsea bought him), Propper, Tadić and many others

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The commentators repeatedly mentioned that the Iran coach was often bemoaned for using massively negative tactics, so it’s not entirely beyond belief that he wouldn’t have been able to express himself fully and stand out in the system he was playing in, particularly when nobody else in the squad did either. We’re talking about 2 different players playing in 2 different teams in 2 different competitions. I personally don’t think their separate players performances are relevant to one another. This point about them domestically playing in a crap league could’ve been applied to the likes of De Bruyne (when Chelsea bought him), Propper, Tadić and many others

All true, but as per my earlier post, his inability to strike a dead-ball or work for his teammates, is not influenced by tactics or the team he is playing for.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well? I presume he will chose Leicester, but maybe we are still in with a shout?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills