Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I’d like to see us pull out of this deal. If it’s that hard to decide if you want to play for us then you don’t want to play for us.

I’d rather have players that want to be here over players that sell shirts in different continents but wish they had gone to Leicester instead.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not even sure what I feel about this transfer anymore, if we had announced it yesterday I’d have been very pleased but now i’m not really sure what I think.

Part of me hopes both us and Leicester pull the plug and him be the the one left looking like a dick. Despite some of the Leicester fans looking down on us about this neither club deserve to be messed around and left looking stupid by a player who although exciting is not exactly a world beater.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I’d like to see us pull out of this deal. If it’s that hard to decide if you want to play for us then you don’t want to play for us.

I’d rather have players that want to be here over players that sell shirts in different continents but wish they had gone to Leicester instead.

If he is listening to what Leicester has to say, then signs for us then surely that means he wants to be here (at least over Leicester). We have to respect his right to see what else he is offered surely.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If he is listening to what Leicester has to say, then signs for us then surely that means he wants to be here (at least over Leicester). We have to respect hes right to see what else he is offered surely.

I think the poor sentiment is probably engendered by the posturing on social media along with the brinkmanship of taking things to the last possible stage and then having his head turned. I'm pretty sure that is what happened before with this player. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt if he signs for us, but these kind of signals are unclear to say the least.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think the poor sentiment is probably engendered by the posturing on social media along with the brinkmanship of taking things to the last possible stage and then having his head turned. I'm pretty sure that is what happened before with this player. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt if he signs for us, but these kind of signals are unclear to say the least.

This transfer is very public (mainly because of Ali and instagram and Dutch media the English media ain't really interested). What we don't know is how normal this type of thing is.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Given that nobody seems to have the first sodding clue what Ali is or is not doing, I would suggest we give him the benefit of the doubt. Plenty of time for teeth gnashing once the dust settles!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You were specifically one of the posters defending him to the hills over his ‘sources’ previously?! He tried to claim he announced Zamora when he actually got the contract length wrong and ‘broke’ the signing on here when it was widely already reported on here he was coming back - I remember pointing out to you and him at the time he didn’t break anything whatsoever on here except a wrong contract time!

Yes, I was but the Calleri post made me change my mind about him.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Naylor's awake! Just tweeted this.

Cannot confirm anything yet on the future of Alireza Jahanbakhsh.
Has been in Albion's sights for three years, so another day or two neither here nor there.
If I was a betting man my cautious wager would be on him becoming an Albion player in next 24-48 hours. #bhafc

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I remain nonplussed whether he signs or not, just not sure he’s that good. But of course would be happy to be wrong, also it does feel like a large amount of money

But a genuine question, is everyone excited because of the player, the fee or the chase.......

Or all of the above.

After all we are #onlyBrighton so is it that all signings are exciting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since the original link and having talked to Iranians, a couple of people who’s opinion I respect on Dutch football and based on my own eyes watching about four NEC/AZ matches im excited about the player and his absolute potential.

24 is a great age to sign someone like him.

As for the fee I’m a bit meh to be honest. We all know if we were trying to sign someone at the peak of their powers from the Prem or dare I say someone of the calibre of Knockaert post our promotion season from the Champ the fees quoted would be higher so no doubt the club still see this as very good value.

I was surprised we actually gave Jahanbakhsh another chance after the merry old dance he lead us 3 years ago.

He hasn't changed. Let's hope the alternative target is decent.

I have no problem with him doing the tour last time round, getting a sense of the place perhaps listening to CH’s plans for him personally as a player and him concluding that perhaps - for footballing reasons - (because I’m certain we would have paid him more than AZ even in the Champ) that at the time it was the wrong move.

Who knows maybe we said he would be a squad player and AZ said we want to build our side round you. I fully expect that type of conversation to be the clincher this time round too.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
If he is listening to what Leicester has to say, then signs for us then surely that means he wants to be here (at least over Leicester). We have to respect his right to see what else he is offered surely.

Ish...Sadly I’m a very cynical man. Perhaps I’m wrong but have I not seen a picture somewhere with him at the Amex with a Brighton shirt in his hands while chatting with some people?

There’s talking to other clubs and there’s a jilting!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally think that if everything was in place and agreed and agent and player have put the move on hold, whilst they talk to Leicester, that we should withdraw the offer and walk away. Once bitten etc.

I would applaud the club for that and it also sends a message for future negotiations with players and agents.

Couldn’t agree more.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Ali Jahanbakhsh

Do we actually know anything different to last night ???

What we know:

- Argus quoting sources in Holland still “expect” AJ to sign for Brighton “Late last night”
- Pete Rourke tweets last night about midnight that Albion “set to sign AJ “within 24 hours”
- Mirror reported last night we are in “transfer battle” with Leicester but “Brighton are confident”.
- AJ agent reportedly in Paris yesterday evening based on location setting in a tweet.
- Leicester are in middle of an Austrian training camp - Puel quoted yesterday that he wasn’t looking for a Mahrez replacement. Leicester Mercury haven’t reported at all on AJ interest.
-seagullwedgee on here claims that AK was in Lancing yesterday before 10am but a 1pm announcement was scuppered by a counter bid from Leicester.

This morning: Naylor - in “Albions sights” - not to read anything into length of time it’s taken to complete. Would bet on him being Brighton player in next 48 hours.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here