Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The man gets plenty of stick round these parts, but Naylor's long interview in the Argus today, with Alireza's 'mentor' Amir Hashemi, is EXCELLENT.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...he-lid-on-albions-new-record-signing/?ref=mac

I found it amazing and very encouraging that he visited Brighton as did the agent, on a number of times and that they were so thorough in their decision making. Even a few years down the line, it sounds like they were working to a plan.

"Nobody knows, we came a few times to England to see some matches, to see how they play, how the supporters react to the players, tactics and to decide is this competition good for Ali? You can watch on TV but you have to be at the stadium, see the people.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I found it amazing and very encouraging that he visited Brighton as did the agent, on a number of times and that they were so thorough in their decision making. Even a few years down the line, it sounds like they were working to a plan.

"Nobody knows, we came a few times to England to see some matches, to see how they play, how the supporters react to the players, tactics and to decide is this competition good for Ali? You can watch on TV but you have to be at the stadium, see the people.

He listened to our fans moaning at various players and he STILL came. Wow.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

"Does Ali fit with Brighton the club? Not just football, the warm feeling we received. I cannot say enough about them. They did everything to get Alireza, but he knew already, I knew already."

I think I have something in my eye.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
To be fair, I think our fans are quite good when it comes to supporting the players on a match day. If we go one nil down, we’ll give it a quick ‘Allllbeyyyon’ to keep them going.

If you go to teams like Burnley, they start flinging all sorts of dogged abuse as soon as they go one-nil down. Northern barbarians, the lot of them!

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
He's a bit one footed. Just watched 11 minutes of youtube montage and his left foot didn't touch the ball a single time. Having said that he did plenty of damage with the right...

Arshia42

Jul 24, 2018
He's a bit one footed. Just watched 11 minutes of youtube montage and his left foot didn't touch the ball a single time. Having said that he did plenty of damage with the right...

Actually one of his strengths are that he is very strong with both feet, especially in terms of shooting. A number of his best goals were with his left foot.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

I've seen a few of his goals where he absolutely blasted it in the top corner with his left, he can clearly use both.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

I thought completely the opposite - I haven’t seen anyone who we’ve bought in the past who is as two footed as Ali, given the highlights I have watched!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here