Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hans is exactly that with us, too - a cult figure. When he signed for us in the 80s, he was banned from playing in Holland, due to repeated disciplinary problems. For us to have a foreign player at the time was still a bit unusual / exciting, and of course Hans was massively committed - big tackles, big personality. He didn't actually stay long, but he certainly made an impression.

And, of course, he had his trick of jumping up and down in front of the opposing goalkeeper at corners. I remember one referee telling him to stop it, although what law he was supposed to be infringing is anybody’s guess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FWIW, one source says he was in London overnight. Another source says he was in Ashford.

MOTWYW...
What I make of that is that it's a clear fact that at least one of your sources gets things wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And it is fact that a deal had been negotiated for LD. If he has since used that to leverage a better wage then so be it, but those are the facts.
But that's not what you said. You didn't say a deal has been done, although he may stay if we offer him something better, you said:

There is no debate here, get used to it, he has 3 Amex games left.
Sadly alrèady gone.
Top6.
40+.
Next.

You're now defending yourself as people are criticising you, but what do you expect?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Apropos slightly related to this thread. Before moving here, my neighbor in London was nice lady from Tehran. A house across the street from me has just been bought by an Iranian with a football mad son. Its a sign!
My mission will be to get the kid in a BHA shirt, the Sussex flag flying outside the house and hopefully we will have two Seagulls supporting houses 100 yards apart in the middle of leafy Georgia, USA. Who would have thunk it? :clap:
Also remember in the early mid 70's B&H being full of Iranian English language students. We might have more connections than we had previously thought.:)

freak

Jul 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I'm just wondering what the reaction of Brighton fans will be, in say two or three weeks, when they realize what a big mistake they made by signing AJ. Not that it wasn't a great signing or that he won't play his balls off for the club, but for the complete takeover of all BHAFC social media accounts by the Persian-typing Iranian internet army.

Also, I lived in Brighton (a few miles south of Hove) and went to Brighton secondary school so this one is special for me. Mind you, it was a different Brighton and Hove--beachside south Australia!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Apropos slightly related to this thread. Before moving here, my neighbor in London was nice lady from Tehran. A house across the street from me has just been bought by an Iranian with a football mad son. Its a sign!
My mission will be to get the kid in a BHA shirt, the Sussex flag flying outside the house and hopefully we will have two Seagulls supporting houses 100 yards apart in the middle of leafy Georgia, USA. Who would have thunk it? :clap:
Also remember in the early mid 70's B&H being full of Iranian English language students. We might have more connections than we had previously thought.:)

The fall of the Shah meant that many of them couldn’t or didn’t want to go back, and many stayed. And a good number of them own restaurants in Church Road.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
From the Leicester Mercury

Leicester City failed with an eleventh-hour bid to sign Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh, his agent has claimed.

Jahanbakhsh joined Brighton from AZ Alkmaar in a club-record £17million move on Wednesday as the Seagulls won the tug-of-war for the 24-year-old.

But City put up a fight, Jahanbakhsh’s representative Amir Hashimi has said, eclipsing Brighton’s £17m offer at the last minute.

Last season’s Eredivisie top scorer had his heart set on Brighton, however.

“Of course we told Alireza that Leicester City was also an option, but the feeling at Brighton was so good for all of us,” Hashemi told Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

“Brighton has been following Alireza for three-and-a-half years and kept in touch almost weekly. In the last weeks they have treated us with such respect.

“(Jahanbakhsh) has chosen 200% with his heart.

I also read somewhere, I can’t find it now, their late bid was 25 million pounds.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Leicester City failed with an eleventh-hour bid to sign Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh, his agent has claimed.

Jahanbakhsh joined Brighton from AZ Alkmaar in a club-record £17million move on Wednesday as the Seagulls won the tug-of-war for the 24-year-old.

But City put up a fight, Jahanbakhsh’s representative Amir Hashimi has said, eclipsing Brighton’s £17m offer at the last minute.

“Of course we told Alireza that Leicester City was also an option, but the feeling at Brighton was so good for all of us,” Hashemi told Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

“Brighton has been following Alireza for three-and-a-half years and kept in touch almost weekly. In the last weeks they have treated us with such respect.

I also read somewhere, I can’t find it now, their late bid was 25 million pounds.

Brilliant. Sought-after player chooses Brighton despite more lucrative offer from recent PL Champions.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Why would they pay more upfront fee? Surely all they would have to do is match the fee we offered AZ Alkmaar and then beat us on personal terms with the player himself? It makes no difference to Alkmaar which PL club takes Ali.

That's what Norwich did with Pritchard.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why would they pay more upfront fee? Surely all they would have to do is match the fee we offered AZ Alkmaar and then beat us on personal terms with the player himself? It makes no difference to Alkmaar which PL club takes Ali.

They may have wanted AZ to pull the plug on us, or that we wouldn’t want to up our offer to match theirs.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Norwich did pay more than we had agreed.

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
Any idea when Jahanbaksh's number will be officially unveiled? I need to know so that I can buy his Brighton Jersey! I could just buy the jersey plain now and have the name and number stamped on later, but since I live in the US it would be hard to find a place here to do it properly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm just wondering what the reaction of Brighton fans will be, in say two or three weeks, when they realize what a big mistake they made by signing AJ. Not that it wasn't a great signing or that he won't play his balls off for the club, but for the complete takeover of all BHAFC social media accounts by the Persian-typing Iranian internet army.

Also, I lived in Brighton (a few miles south of Hove) and went to Brighton secondary school so this one is special for me. Mind you, it was a different Brighton and Hove--beachside south Australia!
I've been noticing that on Instagram. Very hard to pick out the English comments sometimes lol!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here