Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Totally agree, but will Careful Chris be on the same song sheet as us. :shrug:

I hope so. In my opinion his hardest choice would be Bissouma. When the Gross or Bissouma thread started I voted for Bissouma. Then I saw Gross' stats at the Amex and think he should play. This means Propper or Stephens dropped. I think Bissouma would offer more going forward than Propper so hope he replaces him.

Montoya is pretty certain to start, and I would put Ali J on in place of March with Knockaert playing on the left (even though he seemed upset with doing that against Watford). Knockaert needs a good game and is lucky Izquierdo isn't fit.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Think he'll start on the right with Knocky on the left.

I hope so. Really want March to play well but it's not happening for him for whatever reason and I think he could be better coming on trying to make an impact. Once Jose is back fit I suspect March's game time will rapidly decline.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
March offered literally nothing going forward last week, and it’s been more or less the same for most of his appearances in recent times. He passes inside, than stands and watches, and seems to have lost the confidence to take a man on (on the very rare occasion he does, he looks good). He’s good defensively though so still suits CH’s away tactics.

Really hoping Ali J starts instead of March today. Can see him and Jose being our starting wingers before too long - one always gets subbed anyway so Knocky will still get plenty of game time.

Bissouma looked very good in his brief spell last week - can’t see CH dropping Stephens, Propper or Gross yet to accommodate him though.

Murray will be lucky to start as well - looked desperately slow last week, caught offside several times (as usual) too. Not sure who’d start in his place though........Hemed or Locadia.......

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
March offered literally nothing going forward last week, and it’s been more or less the same for most of his appearances in recent times. He passes inside, than stands and watches, and seems to have lost the confidence to take a man on (on the very rare occasion he does, he looks good). He’s good defensively though so still suits CH’s away tactics.

Really hoping Ali J starts instead of March today. Can see him and Jose being our starting wingers before too long - one always gets subbed anyway so Knocky will still get plenty of game time.

Bissouma looked very good in his brief spell last week - can’t see CH dropping Stephens, Propper or Gross yet to accommodate him though.

Murray will be lucky to start as well - looked desperately slow last week, caught offside several times (as usual) too. Not sure who’d start in his place though........Hemed or Locadia.......

Agree. Solly seems impotent and yet I'm sure there is much more he can offer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Who is putting the humble pie order in?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It's funny football isn't it?
Last week was awful, absolutely pitiful. After today, having seen the exceptional performances from Montoya and Balogun (can't overestimate how tough that must of been for him but he breezed it), with Jose and Andone still to come and Yves and AJ on the bench we look so strong.
It's almost surreal isn't it?
AJ will get his chance soon enough but delighted Solly and AK played so well today.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's funny football isn't it?
Last week was awful, absolutely pitiful. After today, having seen the exceptional performances from Montoya and Balogun (can't overestimate how tough that must of been for him but he breezed it), with Jose and Andone still to come and Yves and AJ on the bench we look so strong.
It's almost surreal isn't it?
AJ will get his chance soon enough but delighted Solly and AK played so well today.

Good summary.

Some great potential champing at the bit on the benches. :)

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
The Instagram meltdown of Iranian Ali J fans for him not playing against United is frigging hilarious! I've never been obsessed over a player like they are.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The Instagram meltdown of Iranian Ali J fans for him not playing against United is frigging hilarious! I've never been obsessed over a player like they are.

If they watched the game they can have no complaints. AK was outstanding. Fair play to CH for sticking to his guns.
AJ will get his chance.

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Yeah i do apologize for some of the insane instagram fanboys we have, there's no denying they are out there and as delusional as ever. I can say one thing, I know I myself and many members of our football forum thoroughly enjoyed watching the game and seeing United get stunned like that. Of course we love Alireza and would love to see him play, but it is totally understandable for him to be eased in rather than just thrown into the game against United. PLUS, i get why he wasn't subbed in; AK played superbly and if the system ain't broke, don't fix it.

I know i personally am embarrassed by many of my countrymen who have resorted to doing that social media bombardment, but do know there's a bunch of us out there who aren't so arrogant.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yeah i do apologize for some of the insane instagram fanboys we have, there's no denying they are out there and as delusional as ever. I can say one thing, I know I myself and many members of our football forum thoroughly enjoyed watching the game and seeing United get stunned like that. Of course we love Alireza and would love to see him play, but it is totally understandable for him to be eased in rather than just thrown into the game against United. PLUS, i get why he wasn't subbed in; AK played superbly and if the system ain't broke, don't fix it.

I know i personally am embarrassed by many of my countrymen who have resorted to doing that social media bombardment, but do know there's a bunch of us out there who aren't so arrogant.

The vast majority of Brits embarass the **** out of me, mate.
You're not alone!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Hurrah! The voice of reason! I think he (or Bissouma) would have got game time if Dunk had not got injured

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Spot on. Welcome. Enjoy the ride.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

It’s ALL good. Let’s hope he’s a brilliant as you guys say he is

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nice post......Ali will get his chance soon enough......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is something provincial little Brighton and us fans need to be ready for.

Scrolling through #BHAMUN and it's full of Nigerian flags loving Balogun.

Very reminiscent of the global reaction of Jeff Minton strutting his stuff.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The reason he didn't come on was that, if he had come on for AK after 70 minutes, as he should have done, we would probably have won 7-1 and that would have taken the shine off the Wee Brummies perfomance and it would also have led to the 'Portuguese Mouth' being sacked.Which we don't want, because we want another three points off them later in the season.

Does my logic make sense?

TNBA

TTF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here