Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm just wondering what the reaction of Brighton fans will be, in say two or three weeks, when they realize what a big mistake they made by signing AJ. Not that it wasn't a great signing or that he won't play his balls off for the club, but for the complete takeover of all BHAFC social media accounts by the Persian-typing Iranian internet army.

Also, I lived in Brighton (a few miles south of Hove) and went to Brighton secondary school so this one is special for me. Mind you, it was a different Brighton and Hove--beachside south Australia!

A few miles south of Hove? We call that France.:lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But that's not what you said. You didn't say a deal has been done, although he may stay if we offer him something better, you said:

You're now defending yourself as people are criticising you, but what do you expect?

Trig, mate. By all means pick me up for grammar and, particularly, inconsistency with my hyperbole. But there is little point having a row with giddyweegee.

I have a picture in my mind of you shouting at a poor disabled man in a wheelchair for inappropriate bogarting of a pavement.

I can see you carrying on berating seagullweewee long after we've sold Alireza to Borussia Munchmyhandbag. :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
From the Leicester Mercury

Leicester City failed with an eleventh-hour bid to sign Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh, his agent has claimed.

Jahanbakhsh joined Brighton from AZ Alkmaar in a club-record £17million move on Wednesday as the Seagulls won the tug-of-war for the 24-year-old.

But City put up a fight, Jahanbakhsh’s representative Amir Hashimi has said, eclipsing Brighton’s £17m offer at the last minute.

Last season’s Eredivisie top scorer had his heart set on Brighton, however.

“Of course we told Alireza that Leicester City was also an option, but the feeling at Brighton was so good for all of us,” Hashemi told Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

“Brighton has been following Alireza for three-and-a-half years and kept in touch almost weekly. In the last weeks they have treated us with such respect.

“(Jahanbakhsh) has chosen 200% with his heart.

I also read somewhere, I can’t find it now, their late bid was 25 million pounds.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-attempt-revealed-gazump-brighton-last-minute-player-told/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trig, mate. By all means pick me up for grammar and, particularly, inconsistency with my hyperbole.
I daren't, you'll start stalking me again.
But there is little point having a row with giddyweegee.
I've not had a row with him, those were the only posts I made to him on this thread. He claims to have inside information and claims to be doing the (big) board a service, but he's getting a lot of stick, as his comments don't appear to match what others believe. He's (IMO) complaining about the stick and I'm just saying to him it's fairly understandable he's getting it. Fortunately I don't think he gets into big rows.

I have a picture in my mind of you shouting at a poor disabled man in a wheelchair for inappropriate bogarting of a pavement.
You often have weird pictures in your mind. You tell me to let it go, but this thread has nearly 5,000 posts on it, and only about 6 are from me.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
“I have a picture in my mind of you shouting at a poor disabled man in a wheelchair for inappropriate bogarting of a pavement...”

😁♿

Never mind “Pray for Warren”. How about “Worship for Wedgee”....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You often have weird pictures in your mind.

This is true. For a psychiatrists you are remarkably inexpensive and, for that, I thank you. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's what he should be doing, interviewing people and providing us with something different. Due to the nature of transfers and leeks these days, it's not easy (or possible) to provide exclusive transfer news.

It is a big compliment to AN's piece, that I read it without noting the byline, and just assumed it was by Brian Owen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"That will be forgotten with his first goal for Brighton. There is no question the goals will come from the right-winger who offers versatility in attack and started out as a full-back, it's more about how many he scores and creates. His speed, his running and ability to find space in and around the box means there will always be chances. The question is how he adapts to the lack of space and time that he will have, or not have, in England compared to the Eredivisie. A technique that still needs some work is found out less often in the slower confines of Holland. In the Premier League, he needs to improve that part of his game. If he can, then Brighton will have a major bargain on their hands."

More >>> https://es.pn/2JZldoX

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here