Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-attempt-revealed-gazump-brighton-last-minute-player-told/

“Amir Hashemi explained: “Of course we told Alireza that Leicester City was also an option, but the feeling at Brighton was so good for all of us. Brighton has been following Alireza for three and a half years and informed us almost weekly.”

Well done recruitment team

This with Big Ben on.

"200% with his heart". Brighton "at any cost"

Thats all I need to know.

And well done the recruitment team. The stick they got for "failures" last season I thought was a bit harsh. Like the players, they have learned a lot in the first season and have obviously got it absolutely bang on this time round. If the team have learned as much as them, then we are in for a cracker of a season. :albion2:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Hi Everyone,

Another Iranian Jahanbakhsh fan here :D

I just want to start off by thanking all of your fans who have been the classiest group of supporters I have ever seen. The passion you guys have for your club is remarkable and it is winning over Iranians left and right, who are also extremely passionate football fans. Not sure how much everyone here knows about Iranian football fans on the internet but lets just say we have a habit of making our presence known :D I have a big feeling Brighton's fan base has now doubled!

For me, this move is particularly special because I happen to have grown up visiting Brighton and Hove on a number of occasions. My father spent his late teen years/early 20s living there going to college so its like home to him. I always asked my dad why he never had a particular team in England he rooted for and he always said because Brighton doesn't have a team (it was his ignorance of course but at the time they were in the lower ranks and he probably just wasn't aware). When you guys got promoted to the premier league I had never seen my dad so happy over a sporting event and it gave me a reason to follow an English team. It wouldn't be fair for me to say I was a fan before this Jahanbaksh move because I'm just obsessed with English football in general and never had a team......but now that has all changed.

I hope I am accepted because even when the day comes for Jahanbakhsh to move I will remain a fan of this club for how warm and classy this supporter base is and it will never be forgotten and of course after all this is the one place in England I can say I have some kind of ties to.

On Alireza and his potential/where he thrives - let me just say that he is a complete player and a hard worker. He isn't a flashy player but he will outwork anyone and has a great eye for goal for a winger. His ability to create opportunities is even better IMO and I expect him to bring out the best in Hemed (assuming he is your #1 striker?). The only thing even better than his play is his personality. This man is known to be the kindest, most humble individual you will ever come across. A little story that sheds some light on this is during the World Cup a picture went viral of some poor kid in a village in Iran tearing a plain white tank top with a piece of paper taped onto his back with Jahanbaksh's name and number. When Alireza saw this, he made sure he found the kids location and somehow successfully did, went and visited played football with him and gave him his game worn jersey. His character is second to none, which is just another reason to root for this guy.

Hoping for an amazing season and I'm looking forward to purchasing my first Brighton kit as soon as I can figure out what his number is!

Great to have you on board now, interesting that you and your family have previous history in this wonderful city. Our strikers that Alireza will most likely be supplying this season is Florin Andone, Jurgen Locadia or Glenn Murray, Hemed may not play so much this season. I hope they can form a great partnership together, and we hopefully increase our end product in terms of goals this season. Alireza sounds exactly like the sort of player we like to sign, we always make sure that players are of good charachter and hard-workers before we decide to sign them, and Alireza sounds like he comfortably fits the bill. Its so great to have all these new Iranian fans, and even nicer that some (like yourself) say they intent to stick around even if Alireza moves on to better pastures. Thank you for your very kind words about our club, I think you'll all enjoy it here.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We’re quite a divisive lot aren’t we?

I signed off in 2015 after taking heavy amounts of vitriol from people I didn’t even know, when all I was trying to do was share worthwhile insight.

I guess i’ll just have to sign off again, if that improves people’s lives. Maybe if every time someone who has some worthwhile insight to share gets hounded out, this board will ultimately just become an argumentative opinionated binfest, if that’s what people want, that’s fine.

I honestly thought the fight was with the opposition, not with OUR OWN loyal lifelong families of fans. C’est la vie ....

Before you sign off can I ask a genuine question?

When the club/TB are so secretive with all matters transfer related how are you managing to pass on inside info having “corroborated” this evidence with what would seem like solid gold contacts without burning bridges or risking those contacts suddenly being outside of the circle of trust?

Surely if TB knows only say six people know the full story at any one time AND identifies three people as having been potential sources for a leak through maybe yourself that he doesn’t then effectively excommunicate those people and you lose your sources?

Have you considered not posting things for fear of suddenly not being in the know yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
The Tehran Times ...

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/425222/Child-worker-feted-by-iconic-soccer-star-Jahanbakhsh

Matin’s photos emerged, dressed in a white shirt with AZ Alkmaar and Iran star Alireza Jahanbakhsh's name etched in pen on the back. He gained online fame when one of the shots went viral.

The young boy met his football hero, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, in Khavarshahr, on the outskirts of Tehran.

Matin, a child of 5 who works at a brick kiln had said he wanted to meet Jahanbakhsh badly, and the Iran international winger used his social media to find him.

Jahanbakhsh went to Khavarshahr to meet Matin and his friends Younes, Pouria, Danial, Jaber, Benjamin, and Ali.

The Eredivisie top scorer presented them all with balls and shirts and also signed an autograph for Matin which read: “To dear Matin. I wish you the best of luck in your future.”

It is safe to say that the gift is one of the most precious presents Matin has ever received.

Jahanbakhsh encouraged the children to play football and then they played together a bit.

Jahanbakhsh also asked the children about their favorite footballer, “Messi or Ronaldo?” Of course, the answer was Messi who enjoys more popularity in Iran.

The Iranian football star said his farewell to the children, but he fulfilled his promise by finding Matin and giving him his shirt. All power to Jahanbakhsh.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Great to have you on board now, interesting that you and your family have previous history in this wonderful city. Our strikers that Alireza will most likely be supplying this season is Florin Andone, Jurgen Locadia or Glenn Murray, Hemed may not play so much this season. I hope they can form a great partnership together, and we hopefully increase our end product in terms of goals this season. Alireza sounds exactly like the sort of player we like to sign, we always make sure that players are of good charachter and hard-workers before we decide to sign them, and Alireza sounds like he comfortably fits the bill. Its so great to have all these new Iranian fans, and even nicer that some (like yourself) say they intent to stick around even if Alireza moves on to better pastures. Thank you for your very kind words about our club, I think you'll all enjoy it here.

you what ..?????? haha that made me LOL...... 6 months in and bossing the gaff.....!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Before you sign off can I ask a genuine question?

When the club/TB are so secretive with all matters transfer related how are you managing to pass on inside info having “corroborated” this evidence with what would seem like solid gold contacts without burning bridges or risking those contacts suddenly being outside of the circle of trust?

Surely if TB knows only say six people know the full story at any one time AND identifies three people as having been potential sources for a leak through maybe yourself that he doesn’t then effectively excommunicate those people and you lose your sources?

Have you considered not posting things for fear of suddenly not being in the know yourself?

Though it'd been established that he actually wasn't........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Tehran Times ...

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/425222/Child-worker-feted-by-iconic-soccer-star-Jahanbakhsh

Matin’s photos emerged, dressed in a white shirt with AZ Alkmaar and Iran star Alireza Jahanbakhsh's name etched in pen on the back. He gained online fame when one of the shots went viral.

The young boy met his football hero, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, in Khavarshahr, on the outskirts of Tehran.

Matin, a child of 5 who works at a brick kiln had said he wanted to meet Jahanbakhsh badly, and the Iran international winger used his social media to find him.

Jahanbakhsh went to Khavarshahr to meet Matin and his friends Younes, Pouria, Danial, Jaber, Benjamin, and Ali.

The Eredivisie top scorer presented them all with balls and shirts and also signed an autograph for Matin which read: “To dear Matin. I wish you the best of luck in your future.”

It is safe to say that the gift is one of the most precious presents Matin has ever received.

Jahanbakhsh encouraged the children to play football and then they played together a bit.

Jahanbakhsh also asked the children about their favorite footballer, “Messi or Ronaldo?” Of course, the answer was Messi who enjoys more popularity in Iran.

The Iranian football star said his farewell to the children, but he fulfilled his promise by finding Matin and giving him his shirt. All power to Jahanbakhsh.

:eek:

Bloody 'ell

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Tehran Times ...

We need to get a Brighton shirt to this kid now.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Can I just say something?!

Of course, I’m pleased it’s now out there. Great signing, and another sustainable step on our journey from lower mid table to potential contenders.

I’m not an attention seeker. If I was, I probably would have averaged more than 3 posts per week for the last 13.5 years.

I have been a fan since 1975, I’ve lived in many places thousands of miles away, but once it’s in your DNA....

I’ve been a fan for 43 years, and along with my 3 lads we’ve just passed 90 years of fanhood.

I live 130 miles from Brighton. I grew up in the region, but for 30 years have lived a long way away. Between my family, for home and away games, we usually clock up 23,000 fan miles per season, or more.

I don’t seek attention. I have some very very good sources, not just at BHAFC, but being as old as I am, at many other clubs as well.

The banter doesn’t even touch my crocodile thick skin. To most, less seasoned and weathered than me, it might cause an ouch, but not me.

If you look at my posts, I don’t tend to share opinion, but when I get something, I try to corroborate it, and then share it.

Most on here post opinion, that’s fine, that’s what boards are about. But it’s not me.

I don’t insult people, I don’t question people’s background or ‘results’. I just come on here to learn, and to share what I have learned.

It’s not my intention to waste people’s time, I was once busy, and I know most are far too busy for that.

I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer. One of my sons, for example, is the one holding the BHAFC flag on Channel 9 news in Melbourne, when Jo Konta progressed in the Oz open last time out.

We are a dyed in the wool family, who commit our entire lives to following the Albion. I have spent many many games in the board room, home and away, and have made great contacts.

When I get something I think is worth sharing, I always corroborate it, and consider the possible impacts, before sharing. It doesn’t always work out, footie is far from an exact science, but TB is making it more of a science than anyone before him.

So, that just leaves me to apologise for aspects that don’t turn out as nailed on. And to say, what you read in the ‘factual’ reports isn’t always exactly what actually happened. Anyone who has read football insider books will know it is a very murky business, still.

So, thanks for all the feedback, I realise some headstrong youths full of passion will often sling dirt, that’s fine, it doesn’t worry me. But for as long as I get something worth sharing, that has not already been shared, I will keep sharing it, and you can make of that what you will.

Thank you.

seagullwedgee
I once heralded the arrival of Malcolm Poskett, so trust me, I know today is big shit!

Hilarious if it turns out seagullwedgee is actually Tony Bloom :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi Everyone,

Another Iranian Jahanbakhsh fan here :D
Hi and welcome.

I hope I am accepted
Accepted? Christ, I've been supporting us for over 30 years and I don't think I've been accepted by half the people here :D I think you're right, there are a lot of good people here, but you will get a few idiots with any club, so don't worry when you read posts from one of them.

Thanks for your comments on our new midfielder, he sounds like just the sort of person the club likes to sign. We've had quite a few really decent players here.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
re the Iranian child brick worker - Could do a job and maybe it was his relatives that did Bournemouth's classy brick work at their stadium ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hilarious if it turns out seagullwedgee is actually Tony Bloom :lolol:

No he definitely isn't Tony Bloom.

He also uses another Brighton board.

I've removed the link to the other board, because I do not want this to become a witch hunt.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Tehran Times ...

Great story [emoji1303]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Biggest newspaper in the Netherlands (Telegraaf) reports that Leicester City made a higher bid than Brighton in the end, but that Alireza had already made his choice, respecting Brighton's sustained interests and having a generally good feeling about the club.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2351635/jahanbakhsh-heeft-voor-200-met-zijn-hart-gekozen

#FakeNews

Leicester were definitely not interested in signing Alireza. Ever. I read it on the internet (after he'd committed to the Albion)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here