Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You mean the game we lost 4-0 in?! How can a right back rip a team apart in this kind of loss. Sure he played well and should have won a penalty. On the flip side I give you his performances against Everton, Liverpool, Spurs and Palace as absolutely woeful. He has a lot to prove next year imo.

Anyway can you just sing Ali.

To be fair that result flattered Chelsea and Schelleto did have a good game and was our most dangerous player going forward. Did any of the goals come down his side? I only remember the first two, which weren’t in any way his fault as far as I remember. Could be wrong.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
To be fair that result flattered Chelsea and Schelleto did have a good game and was our most dangerous player going forward. Did any of the goals come down his side? I only remember the first two, which weren’t in any way his fault as far as I remember. Could be wrong.

Chelsea game...Wasn't that where we played three centre backs? Tactical error IMHO but of little consequence considering where we finished the season.

TNBA

TTF

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You mean the game we lost 4-0 in?! How can a right back rip a team apart in this kind of loss. Sure he played well and should have won a penalty. On the flip side I give you his performances against Everton, Liverpool, Spurs and Palace as absolutely woeful. He has a lot to prove next year imo.

Did you watch the Chelsea game? From my seat in WSU I got an excellent view of him twice skinning their defence, being fouled and not being given penalties. He was quality.

EDIT: Clearly, I can't read. Carry on.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He was - 9-45am - then he flew back to France to get the work permit thingy and then back to Lancing so we could track his flight. It may dawn on him soon that he could have just stayed in Paris a few more hours and got the visa then flown to the uk but he wanted to do it differently - oh.. FACT :lol:

So why is Naylor currently saying 5 year contract, subject to Medical?

Je ne comprende pas

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's odd to single out Schelotto in games where the team was poor, really poor.

He was all but unplayable in that Chelsea game, I think the same applies to the Arsenal match as well.

You're correct that a right back shouldn't effect the game but he did and if the team, and let's not forget the managers tactics, were half as good as he was that day, it most definitely wouldn't have been a 0-4 scoreline.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When Schelotto plays Knockaert is shite. When Bruno plays Knockaert is a threat.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't think it was co-incidence that Knocky picked up form massively towards the end of the season with Bruno back in place.

Schelotto is very good going forward, has an INSANE technique and is at times woeful defensively. He doesn't seem to have much positional sense, from the touchline last season you saw him endlessly being bollocked by Duffy, Stephens and others. One of his early games Stephens had to come and play right back for a bit.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’m not squabbling.

Things that were right: he did visit Lancing on Monday morning. He did complete most of his medical then. LCFC did meddle. LCFC then stepped down. The final detail was signed tonight. The embargo is lifted at 9.30.

Things that were wrong: we believed he stayed in a London hotel Monday night, that cannot be proven, and may well be wrong.

I am, truly, sorry for misleading you all so grossly.

So he came into the country on Monday, didn't post anything on social media, despite clear evidence of being a social media whore, and then went back to Paris Monday evening? Did he fancy a crepe for tea or something? Then yesterday he's all over social media posting about his journey into the UK.

Oh I've just realised he must have left his phone in Paris, hence the lack of social media updates and the return Monday night, it's the only plausible explanation (other than he didn't actually come into the country at all on Monday).

It can also be quite easily proven he didn't stay in a hotel in London on Monday night as he was on a plane from France Tuesday afternoon (along with posts from his agent made from France on Monday night).

Andy Naylor this morning has already said the deal is subject to a medical, the player was seen outside a hospital yesterday afternoon that Albion doctors are known to work in while the team were at Charlton for a friendly which would have involved some of the staff who would carry out the rest of the medical.

Who is your sauce? Hans Christian Andersen?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So why is Naylor currently saying 5 year contract, subject to Medical?

Je ne comprende

Bob, I think you’ve probably had a life tbh mate and haven’t been following every page of this thread like the rest of us sad feckers - it was a joke on someone’s ‘inside info’ they still claim is correct!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
You fools, read my post PROPERLY. I never said there would be a signing at 9.35, am or pm, you're twisting my words. Numbskulls, clods! I have well placed sources, donchaknow. Only a nit would think disagree with me. Simpletons.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Chelsea game...Wasn't that where we played three centre backs? Tactical error IMHO but of little consequence considering where we finished the season.

TNBA

TTF

I'd argue it was an unfortunate start which deterred us from trying again. If Dunk and Duffy hadn't got in each others way along with a world class player turning up, it freed our attack to play some excellent stuff. Going 2-0 down so early may have changed it but if the centre halves could get their head around the system, it showed a lot of promise. Probably not an option now having spent so much on wingers but the rampaging wingbacks caused Chelsea no end of problems and it also freed up Stephens and Propper.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
kin 'ell, cut the carp, is he here? is he singing? has he passed the medical? that is all i ask

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You fools, read my post PROPERLY. I never said there would be a signing at 9.35, am or pm, you're twisting my words. Numbskulls, clods! I have well placed sources, donchaknow. Only a nit would think disagree with me. Simpletons.

You’ve come to the right place if you are Simpleton searching :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So he came into the country on Monday, didn't post anything on social media, despite clear evidence of being a social media whore, and then went back to Paris Monday evening? Did he fancy a crepe for tea or something? Then yesterday he's all over social media posting about his journey into the UK.

Andy Naylor this morning has already said the deal is subject to a medical, the player was seen outside a hospital yesterday afternoon that Albion doctors are known to work in while the team were at Charlton for a friendly which would have involved some of the staff who would carry out the rest of the medical.

Who is your sauce? Hans Christian Andersen?

He kept saying he was proved right that most of his medical was done on Monday in Ebgland but there is nobody except him who has wrongly claimed this!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bob, I think you’ve probably had a life tbh mate and haven’t been following every page of this thread like the rest of us sad feckers - it was a joke on someone’s ‘inside info’ they still claim is correct!

Sorry I was being a bit thick there.

I assumed your previous post was backing up the 'Medical on Monday' story rather than ripping the piss out of it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So if we get this over the line we’re literally only going to be after a CB really aren’t we? 10 days or so to focus on one deal - hopefully Moore and we’ll let them have some players. It will be fun to only worry about one singing!

I do have my concerns about right back still if Bernardo is essentially a LB. Schelotto was excellent some weeks and poor others. Bruno was class but is now 107 or so - we may be light here imo.

Leon Balogun plays (CB and) right back :thumbsup:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Seagullwedgee will be on in a minute saying he didn’t say which day at 9.35 am the announcement would be made and we are stupid for thinking it was today [emoji849].

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yet you omit to mention him single-handedly carving Chelsea apart.

Carving a side apart that we lost 4-0 to? He had a decent game, something that was all too rare.

He concerns me, this isn't so called 'writing off' because I have seen enough of him to balance his strengths and weaknesses.

He can definitely cut it at this level, but he is a liability as a regular starter in my opinion. Any piece of attacking brilliance will soon be negated by switching off defensively. He is a wing back, evidenced by leaving Duffy stranded on a number of occasions.

Also, every time the ball comes at him on his left I have palpatations.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think we should be fair to Seagullwedgee or whatever he's called...he called the Andone signing.....predicting he would sign the following day ..ok I know it wasn't the next day or week or month...yes maybe 10 months out...but :whistle:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He kept saying he was proved right that most of his medical was done on Monday in Ebgland but there is nobody except him who has wrongly claimed this!

He's so ITK he knows things that the player and club themselves don't know happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here