Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think we have to persevere with Schelotto. He has the potential to be terrific and fullback is such that the more you play, the more you learn the positional side of it. He's also very exciting, and I can't wait to see Ali's deft passes putting him in behind the opposition on numerous occasions.

PG
On the flip side his right back 'performance' against liverpool at the end of last season was embarrassing. He hid , he gave up. Gary Neville was having a field day in the commentary box.

Scheletto seems like a nice guy but he's never been rated in Portugal or Italy , fair play to him for carving out a career in top flight football.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's a fair comment though - all their players will be a year older and teams always need reinforcements in order to strengthen. No-one will underestimate Burnley but I'd be surprised if they weren't one of the 9th-18th cluster that makes up most of the league. They won't go down, but it'll be a different club that keeps Arsenal and Everton company this time round.

I agree. I don't see them progressing further up the table with this model, but I can see them consolidating whilst they figure out how to move on from this base. I guess they figure they can still do ok without wasting loads of cash to basically stand still.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On the flip side his right back 'performance' against liverpool at the end of last season was embarrassing. He hid , he gave up. Gary Neville was having a field day in the commentary box.

Scheletto seems like a nice guy but he's never been rated in Portugal or Italy , fair play to him for carving out a career in top flight football.

Agree with all that.

He always seems to put a shift in but there is an element of Peter Smith about him in the sense that it doesn't appear that he knows what he's going to do next when he has the ball. Bruno as it stands is still our first choice RB at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yet you omit to mention him single-handedly carving Chelsea apart.

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
e30678578713ccb3a0e54f4a645d77a4.jpg

Edit:

Sorry this post was meant for Persianfootball.com's forums. I suppose a screenshot doesn't hurt though.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

True regarding the Liverpool game but on the whole I thought he had settled in really well and going forward you must admit he's exciting if at times also a bit wobbly going backwards

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
...and 'subject to medical'

So, I'm guessing he wasn't in the country having a medical on Monday then?

He was - 9-45am - then he flew back to France to get the work permit thingy and then back to Lancing so we could track his flight. It may dawn on him soon that he could have just stayed in Paris a few more hours and got the visa then flown to the uk but he wanted to do it differently - oh.. FACT :lol:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Yet you omit to mention him single-handedly carving Chelsea apart.

You mean the game we lost 4-0 in?! How can a right back rip a team apart in this kind of loss. Sure he played well and should have won a penalty. On the flip side I give you his performances against Everton, Liverpool, Spurs and Palace as absolutely woeful. He has a lot to prove next year imo.

Anyway can you just sing Ali.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

To be fair he was playing well and keeping a fit Bruno out of the side for a period and at that time he was improving with every game. Think in his defense he started to look a bit jaded and had a couple of poorer performances which then obviously allowed Bruno back in who showed his class and kept his spot.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I think we have to persevere with Schelotto. He has the potential to be terrific and fullback is such that the more you play, the more you learn the positional side of it. He's also very exciting, and I can't wait to see Ali's deft passes putting him in behind the opposition on numerous occasions.

PG

Totally agree.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So if we get this over the line we’re literally only going to be after a CB really aren’t we? 10 days or so to focus on one deal - hopefully Moore and we’ll let them have some players. It will be fun to only worry about one singing!

I do have my concerns about right back still if Bernardo is essentially a LB. Schelotto was excellent some weeks and poor others. Bruno was class but is now 107 or so - we may be light here imo.

Although Bernardo didn't cover himself in glory in his appearance at RB, I think it may be unwise to write him off in that position if he is needed. Bearing in mind that was his first game for us in that position. :)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Agree with all that.

He always seems to put a shift in but there is an element of Peter Smith about him in the sense that it doesn't appear that he knows what he's going to do next when he has the ball. Bruno as it stands is still our first choice RB at the moment.

That's slander.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe that fella meant the OTHER 9:35... :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here