Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can I just say something?!

Of course, I’m pleased it’s now out there. Great signing, and another sustainable step on our journey from lower mid table to potential contenders.

I’m not an attention seeker. If I was, I probably would have averaged more than 3 posts per week for the last 13.5 years.

I have been a fan since 1975, I’ve lived in many places thousands of miles away, but once it’s in your DNA....

I’ve been a fan for 43 years, and along with my 3 lads we’ve just passed 90 years of fanhood.

I live 130 miles from Brighton. I grew up in the region, but for 30 years have lived a long way away. Between my family, for home and away games, we usually clock up 23,000 fan miles per season, or more.

I don’t seek attention. I have some very very good sources, not just at BHAFC, but being as old as I am, at many other clubs as well.

The banter doesn’t even touch my crocodile thick skin. To most, less seasoned and weathered than me, it might cause an ouch, but not me.

If you look at my posts, I don’t tend to share opinion, but when I get something, I try to corroborate it, and then share it.

Most on here post opinion, that’s fine, that’s what boards are about. But it’s not me.

I don’t insult people, I don’t question people’s background or ‘results’. I just come on here to learn, and to share what I have learned.

It’s not my intention to waste people’s time, I was once busy, and I know most are far too busy for that.

I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer. One of my sons, for example, is the one holding the BHAFC flag on Channel 9 news in Melbourne, when Jo Konta progressed in the Oz open last time out.

We are a dyed in the wool family, who commit our entire lives to following the Albion. I have spent many many games in the board room, home and away, and have made great contacts.

When I get something I think is worth sharing, I always corroborate it, and consider the possible impacts, before sharing. It doesn’t always work out, footie is far from an exact science, but TB is making it more of a science than anyone before him.

So, that just leaves me to apologise for aspects that don’t turn out as nailed on. And to say, what you read in the ‘factual’ reports isn’t always exactly what actually happened. Anyone who has read football insider books will know it is a very murky business, still.

So, thanks for all the feedback, I realise some headstrong youths full of passion will often sling dirt, that’s fine, it doesn’t worry me. But for as long as I get something worth sharing, that has not already been shared, I will keep sharing it, and you can make of that what you will.

Thank you.

seagullwedgee
I once heralded the arrival of Malcolm Poskett, so trust me, I know today is big shit!

Everyone on here supports the Albion in their own way and give an opinion, whether it's good or bad.
The majority of the folk on here are, let's say of the silver surfer era, and do get crotchety at times, if you poke them with a shitty stick :wink:
Let and let live :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Of course, I’m pleased it’s now out there. Great signing, and another sustainable step on our journey from lower mid table to potential contenders.

I’m not an attention seeker. If I was, I probably would have averaged more than 3 posts per week for the last 13.5 years.

I have been a fan since 1975, I’ve lived in many places thousands of miles away, but once it’s in your DNA....

I’ve been a fan for 43 years, and along with my 3 lads we’ve just passed 90 years of fanhood.

I live 130 miles from Brighton. I grew up in the region, but for 30 years have lived a long way away. Between my family, for home and away games, we usually clock up 23,000 fan miles per season, or more.

I don’t seek attention. I have some very very good sources, not just at BHAFC, but being as old as I am, at many other clubs as well.

The banter doesn’t even touch my crocodile thick skin. To most, less seasoned and weathered than me, it might cause an ouch, but not me.

If you look at my posts, I don’t tend to share opinion, but when I get something, I try to corroborate it, and then share it.

Most on here post opinion, that’s fine, that’s what boards are about. But it’s not me.

I don’t insult people, I don’t question people’s background or ‘results’. I just come on here to learn, and to share what I have learned.

It’s not my intention to waste people’s time, I was once busy, and I know most are far too busy for that.

I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer. One of my sons, for example, is the one holding the BHAFC flag on Channel 9 news in Melbourne, when Jo Konta progressed in the Oz open last time out.

We are a dyed in the wool family, who commit our entire lives to following the Albion. I have spent many many games in the board room, home and away, and have made great contacts.

When I get something I think is worth sharing, I always corroborate it, and consider the possible impacts, before sharing. It doesn’t always work out, footie is far from an exact science, but TB is making it more of a science than anyone before him.

So, that just leaves me to apologise for aspects that don’t turn out as nailed on. And to say, what you read in the ‘factual’ reports isn’t always exactly what actually happened. Anyone who has read football insider books will know it is a very murky business, still.

So, thanks for all the feedback, I realise some headstrong youths full of passion will often sling dirt, that’s fine, it doesn’t worry me. But for as long as I get something worth sharing, that has not already been shared, I will keep sharing it, and you can make of that what you will.

Thank you.

seagullwedgee
I once heralded the arrival of Malcolm Poskett, so trust me, I know today is big shit!

Can I just say something ?

Ignore the huge amount of to$$ers on here and don't react.

Be yourself and standby what you post, if wrong so be it.

I made a massive cock-up a while back when what I thought was the end of Zamora (received insider information that was wrong) - era 1 and got crucified, just stoically accept and move on.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Thank you.

seagullwedgee

This is a good post. But why state that you are a multi-millionaire?

Just very odd, but maybe a lapse in judgement.

Anyway, alls well that ends well

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I guess the openness of the internet means people could easily conclude I might be a spotty youth keyboard warrior, and I’m not. I’ve learned a lot in my 43 years of being a totally devoted fan. I now travel the world, watch sport, and make contacts. Not a spotty teenage keyboard warrior, that’s all. Sorry. By the way, if you aren’t one, and feel like you want to be one, I can warmly recommend it. Work hard, play hard, work harder still, and it can be done. I started with nothing, and have something, to enable me to travel and learn. All the best.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
All the way back to the 1980 Olympics, I personally think it best that sport and politics are kept entirely separate. Often international sport is the first (easy) victim of grandstanding politicians in a dispute. Sport instead can actually educate the bigoted.

Let's refrain from this pointless chatter and simply enjoy the Albion's new recruit.

Was just curious and had no interest in arguing about it.:)

But yes, let's enjoy the moment!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I’m not an attention seeker.

I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer.

???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is a good post. But why state that you are a multi-millionaire?

Just very odd, but maybe a lapse in judgement.

Anyway, alls well that ends well
Because he’s considerably richer than yow (i.e. a better person, it’s called passive aggression!)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We’re quite a divisive lot aren’t we?

I signed off in 2015 after taking heavy amounts of vitriol from people I didn’t even know, when all I was trying to do was share worthwhile insight.

I guess i’ll just have to sign off again, if that improves people’s lives. Maybe if every time someone who has some worthwhile insight to share gets hounded out, this board will ultimately just become an argumentative opinionated binfest, if that’s what people want, that’s fine.

I honestly thought the fight was with the opposition, not with OUR OWN loyal lifelong families of fans. C’est la vie ....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Thank you.

seagullwedgee

'I’m not an attention seeker'

'I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer'

Beautiful :bowdown:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyway, back on topic, you can see why AJ is so popular on the Seagulls TV interview. He is very articulate, thoughtful and comes over as a genuine person. If his football is half as good, we'll all be pretty happy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I signed off in 2015 after taking heavy amounts of vitriol from people I didn’t even know, when all I was trying to do was share worthwhile insight.

I guess i’ll just have to sign off again, if that improves people’s lives. Maybe if every time someone who has some worthwhile insight to share gets hounded out, this board will ultimately just become an argumentative opinionated binfest, if that’s what people want, that’s fine.

I honestly thought the fight was with the opposition, not with OUR OWN loyal lifelong families of fans. C’est la vie ....

Willy-waving your personal wealth isn’t ‘worthwhile insight’ fella.

albionite

May 20, 2009

:bigwave:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Don't sign off mate.

Enjoy the site

Enjoy the friendship

Enjoy the banter

Enjoy discussing football

Even enjoy the batterings you take - I did in the beginning when no one believed what I said.

Insider knowledge isn't always a good thing. You have this knowledge your desperate to share but you cant. In fact it sort of puts you on ''the outside'' of the group/board.

Stick with it.............There's nowt wrong with just being one of the ''team'' - Doesn't make anyone any better or worse than others just because they might have a bit of insight

Enjoy the season matey and make your mark on the Boards with your Football Knowledge

Parandeh_Daryayi

Jul 24, 2018
Silicon Valley
Anyway, back on topic, you can see why AJ is so popular on the Seagulls TV interview. He is very articulate, thoughtful and comes over as a genuine person. If his football is half as good, we'll all be pretty happy.

As mentioned before Alireza is a very kind person. Never the kind to pick and fight.

His sportsmanship on a off the field is on another level, he gives his time back to people less fortunate than himself. He is a role model for all young Iranians.

On another note, whats the chance of changing your sponsors? We are not too fond of nike, they brought politics into sports and did not allow our athletes to rock their gear in the world cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here