Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quite possibly. The danger for the player is that no PL club may come along, in the meantime we have looked and got someone else. Could leave the player in a position where he didn't want to be.
It would be truely joyful if we paid Reading 2 million for McCleary and then they used the cash to buy Ali later in the summer.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm worried that this guy will not be the last player this summer who does not sit a room at Brighton.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ali can now p**s off as far as I'm concerned.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would be truely joyful if we paid Reading 2 million for McCleary and then they used the cash to buy Ali later in the summer.
That would indeed be the time to start chewing the carpet!

Perhaps they should consider closing the transfer window the day before the first match of the season. Then maybe some of the players with uber-greedy agents would find themselves out of work for the best part of six months (or stuck with the smaller club they were trying to move up from). They might then be more willing to accept a good offer rather than holding out for an even better one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is of course the slim chance that our move for McCleary actually encourages some urgency in Ali to sign for us. I doubt it, though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm shocked that people are shocked we have not signed him. We are terrible in the transfer market. Always have been. We get lucky occasionally but generally we panic buy rubbish. This year appears to be no different. Long Long long season ahead

Niy1994

Jun 14, 2015
I don't think he said no because of money. He is only 21 and he has just said recently on an iranian tv interview that he wants to play at the highest level possible.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Think he's looking at the Anderlecht deal and hoping he can get into a club that are in a European competition TBH. You certainly can't blame him for that (If indeed that's the case). If it is Anderlecht he's hoping to join, I imagine that his arrival hinges on the potential departure of their forward Mitrovic. I'm sure that it's the same case with these other clubs looking at him too. Where they're looking to replace a few of their outgoing players once they're gone. That has been the main benefit of loan players ironically. You CAN start filling holes in your squad immediately (Not the we have).

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I'm shocked that people are shocked we have not signed him. We are terrible in the transfer market. Always have been. We get lucky occasionally but generally we panic buy rubbish. This year appears to be no different. Long Long long season ahead[/QU
OTE]
Dont worry that will all change when we get our brand new sparkling stadium.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So, so far this close season we have reportedly had two targets and hey guess what both have said...... Nah.....

Anyone get the feeling they have been here before.....

Groundhog season.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, so far this close season we have reportedly had two targets and hey guess what both have said...... Nah.....

Anyone get the feeling they have been here before.....

Groundhog season.....
Who is the other target who has said no to us ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The thing that hacks me off with this player was that it seems he was never going to say yes.

It was all a game for his agent.

Who put the original story in the press. Not the albion for sure.

So he played us. Maybe, maybe, 50/50, maybe...

He came to look round the Amex etc. But was never going to sign. It was all about getting bids from higher teams.

Well done to the albion for pulling the plug on the shennanigans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here