Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Depay is an odd one as he wasn't awful in his first season at United but also wasn't the natural successor to CR7 as promised, and then José came in and didn't fancy him. Did the same as he's done for Luke Shaw this year and forced him out of the club. He was wonderful before José and he's been pretty great after at Lyon. He'll fly back into a top European team in the next few years without a doubt and much like the parade of good players united have made look awful throughout the years, he shouldn't be remembered for one bad season.

Hmmm. He didn’t exactly set the world alight though, in arguably the hardest league in the world.

Dutch football to PL again IMO, is a massive step up in standard.

£15m plus is a significant outlay, (did someone mention £22m??). Is he better than Knockaert or Izquierdo? Would we spend that much money on a backup?

Then again as per my earlier post our recruitment team gets very little wrong.

I’m still on the fence and refuse to budge [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Hmmm. He didn’t exactly set the world alight though, in arguably the hardest league in the world.

£15m plus is a significant outlay, (did someone mention £22m??). Is he better than Knockaert or Izquierdo? Would we spend that much money on a backup?

I think that he's proving he's a better player than the flop he looked like he was. Lacazette, Hazard, Lloris are good examples of those who have done well in Ligue 1, and made the step up to world class in the PL.

There's plenty of talent in that league and he is impressing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that he's proving he's a better player than the flop he looked like he was. Lacazette, Hazard, Lloris are good examples of those who have done well in Ligue 1, and made the step up to world class in the PL.

There's plenty of talent in that league and he is impressing.

That’s the French league though, not the PL.....

There are probably a lot of French players who have flopped in the PL (Liverpool and Arsenal have had some ordinary ones). Lots of good ones as you say.

French football is better than Dutch at the minute, so perhaps that’s his level, as [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] pointed out he is young so maybe he’ll have a second attempt.

Watch out for the splinters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Free transfer
£1 million

Punts.
This would be a different story.

Come on that's a bit harsh on Holla.
Sure Elvis played the game to his own rules, but not understanding offside doesn't make him a punt either. :lol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Izquierdo cost us £16m, anything over that seems expensive. But assembling the squad before pre-season could be worth a huge amount as it could enable us to gain points in the early fixtures whilst others find their feet, just like Huddersfield last season their early wins kept them up

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ali Jahanbakhsh says NO

Free transfer
£1 million

Punts.
This would be a different story.

Yes absolutely correct, still failures though.

There is little or no value in Dutch football currently. Propper was a great find and an exception.

Edit

Roland Bergkamp [emoji23][emoji23]

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Worth pointing out (if someone hasn’t already) that if we did sign him we’d lose him for the whole of January along with Maty.

Best case scenario it is only 2 games, (Man U and Liverpool) worst case 4 (Man U and Liverpool, Fulham, Watford).

Pretty much equivalent of a short-term injury.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Why would he be a backup? Chris likes to have 4 wingers to choose from. I'd like to see the stats, but from what I've seen I think it's the most rotated/subbed position. When two of the four don't start, chances are they're getting 20 minutes against tired legs to make an impact.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Is he better than Jiri Skalak?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why would he be a backup? Chris likes to have 4 wingers to choose from. I'd like to see the stats, but from what I've seen I think it's the most rotated/subbed position. When two of the four don't start, chances are they're getting 20 minutes against tired legs to make an impact.

Rotated or form based?

Is he better than Knockaert, Izquierdo or March?

From memory, I don’t recall us going with two wide players on the bench very often, which means there will be an odd man out.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Almost certainly (no disrespect to Jiri), but is he better than our current starters, as surely that’s what we should aspire to with each purchase.

That is the only way we will develop as a PL team. Therfore every signing needs to be as good or better than what we have in order to push current crop further or move them into a squad role as the new player takes over...(eg Propper/Izquierdo etc)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here