Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah I know, we're both saying the same thing.
I was just pointing out the difference between the money.
I think the Janssen 'cash' was "come on Tony it's only £20m, have you looked under the sofa cushions?"

Whereas the club making a £25m deal in this transfer window will be because it has £25m to spend on one player.
Or, if some prefer, 25,000 x £1,000 and 25,000 sets of tracksuits. [emoji38]
Have to remember as well that if we sign a player on a five year deal say for £25m, then the cost per year in the accounts is only (only lol) £5m per year (plus wages of course).

It's also unlikely that cash wise we would have to stump up the full £25m in one go as that's usually staggered (see Villa, A. for further reading on that subject).

Basically we can definitely afford to be putting that sort of bid in. Crazy as it seems for a Brighton fan!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hopefully we will say no!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
And...He's crocked.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bad game. Stretchered off.

The latter means he's right up our street.

Can't say I'm remotely bothered about his potential signing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well that’s that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can we edit the thread title to "NSC says NO"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to remember as well that if we sign a player on a five year deal say for £25m, then the cost per year in the accounts is only (only lol) £5m per year (plus wages of course).

It's also unlikely that cash wise we would have to stump up the full £25m in one go as that's usually staggered (see Villa, A. for further reading on that subject).

Basically we can definitely afford to be putting that sort of bid in. Crazy as it seems for a Brighton fan!

Exactly.

In cash terms, higher fees are often paid over a year or more.

In accounting terms, whatever the total fee paid with agent's fee, it's released to the Profit and Loss as a cost over the term of the contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here