Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would like him. He's decent, works hard, a good age and done very well up to now.

I agree... as long as not silly money...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Why the assumption he isn't keen to come here?
I think he's very keen to come here, we know for a fact there are multiple offers for him, I'd be amazed if the Albion were the biggest fish in that particular pond, and yet haven't been dismissed out of hand.

We also know anyone playing poker with the club will lose, so it's not just a case of Ali playing clubs off against each other, because the Albion would have walked away long ago.

Again, the fella is on the brink of a life changing decision and is weighing up the options.

This.

I find it really odd how so many people are prepared to write him off on the basis of absolutely no knowledge of his feelings or the negotiations.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, I would like to see it done for around 17... its amazing a find that sort of fee agreeable to be honest.

Although its the going rate really.

Yes, the going rate is the going rate, and we have to pay it or not get the player, no matter how often PB bleats on about market prices being too high... actually, to be fair, he hasn't done that THIS window...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yes, the going rate is the going rate, and we have to pay it or not get the player, no matter how often PB bleats on about market prices being too high... actually, to be fair, he hasn't done that THIS window...

He did it in both the summer and Jan window and then still paid out record sums..This window this far we have spent 5 mill and 9 had 5 mill income through sales...so fair to say we have potential to spend big and still be below last year...)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He did it in both the summer and Jan window and then still paid out record sums..This window this far we have spent 5 mill and 9 had 5 mill income through sales...so fair to say we have potential to spend big and still be below last year...)

And i would suggest that we will have to spend big just to max chance of survival...

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patreon
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
I think we would still be interested. The World Cup showed that he is strong and powerful and can beat a man. Also plays with his head up and can spot a pass which isn’t a strength of our other wide men.
Even Ronaldo would struggle to shine playing for Iran in a World Cup.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think we would still be interested. The World Cup showed that he is strong and powerful and can beat a man. Also plays with his head up and can spot a pass which isn’t a strength of our other wide men.

This...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Of course, but surely wouldn’t impact on his ability to take a set piece or work for the team.

For the reported money surely there is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course, but surely wouldn’t impact on his ability to take a set piece or work for the team.

(1) Is the 'reported money' correct?
(2) Prices have gone silly high, as we all know...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
(1) Is the 'reported money' correct?
(2) Prices have gone silly high, as we all know...

(1) Who knows
(2) yes they have, but there is value out there Bolasie and Antonio more proven in the PL.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

This. I very much hope we are still interested and that other clubs with more naive recruitment have backed away after the world cup and therefore maybe reduced his asking price a tad. If we have been following this guy for over three years then he's clearly got something.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Ive not seen him a great deal, but his stats the last couple of seasons are incredible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here