Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just don't see us spending that sort of cash on someone.... although I have not seen him play.

We do need another winger though

tisk tisk - small clubitis again.

Whether the club does or doesn't is immaterial the simple fact is it now can.

This has more than whiff of Gross' transfer about it, and is once again testament to the club keeping an even keel.

3 years ago Winstano scouted him.
The club bought him over, meet the staff, make him feel welcome (I seem to remember a photo on the pitch, big smiles and Albion carrier bags)
Keep in touch.
Perhaps even Winstano bumped into him throughout the Locadia deal.

Then boom, 'we're still interested in signing you, you remember everyone at the club, don't you?'

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
tisk tisk - small clubitis again.

Whether the club does or doesn't is immaterial the simple fact is it now can.

This has more than whiff of Gross' transfer about it, and is once again testament to the club keeping an even keel.

3 years ago Winstano scouted him.
The club bought him over, meet the staff, make him feel welcome (I seem to remember a photo on the pitch, big smiles and Albion carrier bags)
Keep in touch.
Perhaps even Winstano bumped into him throughout the Locadia deal.

Then boom, 'we're still interested in signing you, you remember everyone at the club, don't you?'

Stop it..I hate that my comment makes me sound small clubitis…

Anyone got a show reel from his last season.... ?....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine palace going back for a player 3 years later:-

"So is the club still the same"
"Well the ground is"
"Oh that's a shame. Is that fella my girlfriend didn't want to be left alone with still the manager?"
"No, neither is Sam or Frank, but we do have a pensioner in charge do you remember the fella who had Harry Kane taking corners?"
"What about at the top of the club, that couldn't have changed in 3 years?"
"Well 2 owners have gone and have been replaced to 2 American Hedge Fund managers, and we're currently having a little snafu with the accounts, but other than that, we're tip top".

"I'll get back to you".

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Stop it..I hate that my comment makes me sound small clubitis…

Anyone got a show reel from his last season.... ?....

Marshy, don't forget we were rumoured to have offered more than that for Vincent Janssen from Spurs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Marshy, don't forget we were rumoured to have offered more than that for Vincent Janssen from Spurs.

That was desperation money, were this deal to go through and smash the transfer record it will be done with careful planning and consideration.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

We're a better prospect to join now. We'll be far from favourites to go down.

giphy.gif

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just don't see us spending that sort of cash on someone.... although I have not seen him play.

We do need another winger though

I do. Why not? We've got more cash now. We've also struck two bargains already this transfer window. If we're going to break our transfer record, it'll be on a forward/winger/ACM in all likelihood.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That's annoying. Two threads on this chap. Can we merge them please?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That's annoying. Two threads on this chap. Can we merge them please?

One is about him coming, the other is about him not coming. We should keep them both for now, just in case.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I understand we have him a time ultimatum. If he wants to keep fannying around then isn't it right we move on?

All moves are off for World Cup players. Italians, Dutch, Chilean, American still allowed. And Scottish, Irish and Welsh.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Imagine palace going back for a player 3 years later:-

"So is the club still the same"
"Well the ground is"
"Oh that's a shame. Is that fella my girlfriend didn't want to be left alone with still the manager?"
"No, neither is Sam or Frank, but we do have a pensioner in charge do you remember the fella who had Harry Kane taking corners?"
"What about at the top of the club, that couldn't have changed in 3 years?"
"Well 2 owners have gone and have been replaced to 2 American Hedge Fund managers, and we're currently having a little snafu with the accounts, but other than that, we're tip top".

"I'll get back to you".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
That was desperation money, were this deal to go through and smash the transfer record it will be done with careful planning and consideration.

Yes of course it was, but it meant we had the money to do the deal. So come on Marshy, you can do it! You can move to the present time!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes of course it was, but it meant we had the money to do the deal. So come on Marshy, you can do it! You can move to the present time!!

Yeah I know, we're both saying the same thing.
I was just pointing out the difference between the money.
I think the Janssen 'cash' was "come on Tony it's only £20m, have you looked under the sofa cushions?"

Whereas the club making a £25m deal in this transfer window will be because it has £25m to spend on one player.
Or, if some prefer, 25,000 x £1,000 and 25,000 sets of tracksuits. :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He said 'No' 3 years ago - maybe he says something else this year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here