Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Ha I work weird hours and often watch football from around the world, you get some decent games in Holland America is by far the worst every game becomes we can score more than you.

Easy to pick players from the last 10 years, what about the last 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a totally valid point.

Hopefully it's just an anomaly. I can't imagine that the Dutch system of developing players has gone to pot almost over night.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Plus those no hopers Van Persie, Robben, Ibrahimovic, etc...

Though more recently, Janssen at Spurs? World beater. Klaasen at Everton? Blind at Utd? Memphis at Utd?

Holla, Manu, Bergkamp?

In recent years, Dutch football has been at a low ebb and VVD apart (and perhaps Propper), it is a risky purchase from a currently ordinary league.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Though more recently, Janssen at Spurs? World beater. Klaasen at Everton? Blind at Utd? Memphis at Utd?

Holla, Manu, Bergkamp?

In recent years, Dutch football has been at a low ebb and VVD apart (and perhaps Propper), it is a risky purchase from a currently ordinary league.

Would be an interesting analysis to see the players that have gone from the Dutch league to the English, Spanish or Italian leagues in last 3 seasons and see how many have actually made it ! Im struggling to think of may other than propper and tadic.

Ajax have a better record of producing players but even they've struggled recently. Kluivert at Roma will be interesting.... He's a cocky lad like locadia.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This could be a very exciting signing. One issue may be competition for Knockaert place in the team. After an average season Knocky was on fire in the last few games. Would this signing result in earlier substitutions and healthy competition or perhaps a sulking Knockaert? I’m also really curious about how we will successfully incorporate Locadia and Andone?

It looks like Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play in any position across the front three, although he seems to be better on the right hand side. Right footed and seems to be a more determined Buckley-type player (i.e. much quicker than Knockaert), riding challenges rather than going down for a foul. Dutch defenders seem a bit incompetent.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be an interesting analysis to see the players that have gone from the Dutch league to the English, Spanish or Italian leagues in last 3 seasons and see how many have actually made it ! Im struggling to think of may other than propper and tadic.

Ajax have a better record of producing players but even they've struggled recently. Kluivert at Roma will be interesting.... He's a cocky lad like locadia.

But on the other hand, one of those two was signed by us. Hence my comment re trusting the scouts to find the right players. And Locadia still could go either way

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I’m only interested in the PL, I would say VVD (via Celtic) and perhaps Propper only. Hasn’t Tadic left? Wouldn’t say a success...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes he really could, I think it’s silly for people to write him off just yet.

Totally. We will see a lot more of him this season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Like this?

'It really is quite simple. If we are in for him he will sign for us. If not then he's going Brighton. There is no competition between the two clubs. We're a much bigger club, offer more money and have better players to play alongside.'

I honestly thought Leicester were awful at the Amex, certainly one of the worst teams to visit. And had the luck been on our side that day, Muray and the pen and all, we would have only finished 3 points behind them.

One of their fans even called into BBC Sussex I seem to recall, suggesting we have 'found our level' and we wouldn't win more than three games next season. They really are some of the most gobby tossers I've experienced when travelling away. Consistently some of the most homophobic too. They could use bringing down a notch or two, but most of them would disappear again if that happened.

I often wonder how they sell the club to prospective players. Do they use the fact they fluked the PL to entice? Perhaps - Come and join Leicester, a nothing club located in a run-down cesspit, ever in the shadow of the northerly neighbours. We once inexplicably won the PL by lumping it up to a rapid, cherryade fueled gobshite as fate conspired to collectively render all the usual suspects utter horseshit for one season. Looking ahead, we are infinitely more likely to finish bottom of the league than top of it but we will give you 120k a week so we can pretend we are an 'established' PL club for a little while longer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like there's probably a "No disrespect to Brighton but..." from a Leicester fan out there somewhere.

Be good to get the first one out the way before the season has even started.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Holla, Manu, Bergkamp?

I very recently read Johann Cruyff’s autobio. A great read. He was scathing on the decline / coaching direction of the Dutch football association and Ajax over the last 20 years. He objectively dealt in detail why. Having led the world from the mid 60’s to mid 90’s, with their system copied by all and producing an endless list of great players, he foresaw its end due to the intransigent policies of non-footballing administrators running the Dutch game.

larus

I very recently read Johann Cruyff’s autobio. A great read. He was scathing on the decline / coaching direction of the Dutch football association and Ajax over the last 20 years. He objectively dealt in detail why. Having led the world from the mid 60’s to mid 90’s, with their system copied by all and producing an endless list of great players, he foresaw its end due to the intransigent policies of non-footballing administrators running the Dutch game.

Could be worse, they could be allowing physios into management *cough*

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of their fans even called into BBC Sussex I seem to recall, suggesting we have 'found our level' and we wouldn't win more than three games next season. They really are some of the most gobby tossers I've experienced when travelling away. Consistently some of the most homophobic too. They could use bringing down a notch or two, but most of them would disappear again if that happened.

I often wonder how they sell the club to prospective players. Do they use the fact they fluked the PL to entice? Perhaps - Come and join Leicester, a nothing club located in a run-down cesspit, ever in the shadow of the northerly neighbours. We once inexplicably won the PL by lumping it up to a rapid, cherryade fueled gobshite as fate conspired to collectively render all the usual suspects utter horseshit for one season. Looking ahead, we are infinitely more likely to finish bottom of the league than top of it but we will give you 120k a week so we can pretend we are an 'established' PL club for a little while longer.

Once Schmeichal and Vardy move on/get too old, they will become just another mid sized club.

They will never be a draw for great players. The Thai financial doping will only buy them the level below that (at ripoff fees and wages), gold diggers, who seem to flop whilst at Leicester. Slimani, Musa, Ndidi etc.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Harsh in the extreme, I say well done to Leicester on winning the Premier League, totally unexpected, but hardly a 'fluke' as you say. Made such a refrshing change to the usual 'same old, same old' Manchester clubs, Chelski, Liverpool etc. winning it.

As to homophobic comments, well don't we get those from fans of most clubs?

albionite

May 20, 2009
It looks like Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play in any position across the front three, although he seems to be better on the right hand side. Right footed and seems to be a more determined Buckley-type player (i.e. much quicker than Knockaert), riding challenges rather than going down for a foul. Dutch defenders seem a bit incompetent.

Bloody give it a rest about Buckley

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Well done for getting Buckley in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here