Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I know it's Twitter and you have to expect morons on there but anyone else getting embarrassed by our fans calling him Alan Jaffacakes? As one guy put it, 'cringeworthy' to the max. Just ridiculous (and insulting) people continue to say this rubbish

I wouldn't say it's insulting, but it is very cringe. I could understand it if his name looked, or sounded, even remotely like 'Alan Jaffacakes' - It's just the same initials, that's it. Might as well call him Anthony Joshua.

foxedup

May 23, 2014
could just be the original dutch source and multiple outlets re hashing it.

Maybe getting permit and is still deciding.

Maybe Leicester will come in and offer load more wedge.

Loads of variables.

There has been absolutely nothing our end to indicate that we're even interested, all of our links and bids tend to come out through John Percy of the Telegraph or a fella who writes for the mirror, his name escapes me. But everyone seems to be shrugging their shoulders on this one. Maybe one has gone unnoticed, but it would be a rare as Percy especially has his fingers on the pulse in terms of our business.

Perhaps we're just being chucked about by agents to get better deals? The lad seems to have been playing games recently as well about his future. Something doesn't feel right about the link at all.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Why is that insulting ?

Because it's the bloke's name, part of his identity and family heritage. I don't know about insulting but it is maybe a little disrespectful. Not sure I would appreciate it, but then maybe this is the nature of football fandom.

How would you feel if you moved to another country, and instead of people bothering to learn your name they just took the piss and were wilfully ignorant? To mispronounce or misspell is one thing but to just decide "that's a funny name, let's call him Mr Jaffacakes" is another.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know it's Twitter and you have to expect morons on there but anyone else getting embarrassed by our fans calling him Alan Jaffacakes? As one guy put it, 'cringeworthy' to the max. Just ridiculous (and insulting) people continue to say this rubbish
Yes

Ali J is much better.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Because it's the bloke's name, part of his identity and family heritage. I don't know about insulting but it is maybe a little disrespectful. Not sure I would appreciate it, but then maybe this is the nature of football fandom.

How would you feel if you moved to another country, and instead of people bothering to learn your name they just took the piss and were wilfully ignorant? To mispronounce or misspell is one thing but to just decide "that's a funny name, let's call him Mr Jaffacakes" is another.
Oh get off your high horse. It isn't insulting in the slightest. Not that i find it funny. People make up all kinds of silly names especially for footballers.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not having heard his name read out loud. I've been taking a good 2 seconds to read his last name in my head for a month now.

Ali Ja haan bak hhuuuhh shshhh...

Ali Jahhn baksh?

Ali Janbaks?

Ali J.

Ali.

Al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills