Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Apparently we're certs for relegation. We shouldn't even attempt to sign such players, how fecking dare we!

He's the poster boy of Iranian football, their Mo Salah if you like. Of course they will be disappointed if he joins a team that isn't one of the big six. But that's even more reason for us to pray that this deal gets over the line, they know far more about this guy than we do and they expect big things from him. Let's hope they are right and we are too small for him.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He's the poster boy of Iranian football, their Mo Salah if you like. Of course they will be disappointed if he joins a team that isn't one of the big six. But that's even more reason for us to pray that this deal gets over the line, they know far more about this guy than we do and they expect big things from him. Let's hope they are right and we are too small for him.

I think there's some truth in this. Look at the South Africans reaction to Tau coming here- they're absolutely delighted for him- no suggestion we're not big enough. Either these guys are utterly deluded or they think the boys a bit special.

The reality is he is going to have to be the greatest player Iran has ever produced to make a decent impact. I guess we might see.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Half an hour ago he put this on instagram.. he's on a plane..

Capture.JPG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anyone recognize the airline company?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Austrian Airlines.I'm gueesing OS872 from Tehran to Vienna. Departed 35 mins ago at 04:28 local time, lands in Vienna at 6am. :D

Wow.

Does he know we are not at our training camp in Austria anymore ? :D

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Leicester head to Austria after their friendly tomorrow so I guess he could be heading there but you'd expect contract signing and medical to be done at home...

Why would a footballer be travelling at such an odd time? To such an odd place?
If it was Leicester surely he'd fly in the morning, have a medical etc and go out to Austria with the rest of the team. If he's coming here why on earth is he travelling to Vienna in the middle of the night? It's all very odd.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Could be changing at Vienna for London. Austrian have an 06:50 leaving Vienna for Heathrow.

There's not many direct to flights from Tehran to the UK. BA fly direct, although the next direct flight is Sunday morning and the last one was Friday morning. Perhaps he wanted to spend the last day of his holiday with friends and family rather than travel a day early.

Clutching? :D

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The most obvious answer here is that Leicester see this as their key signing, Puel wants him integrated into the team ASAP, so they're doing a medical at an Austrian facility in the hope of getting him involved during the first of their training sessions out there.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Leicester go to Austria on Monday, would J'baksh really fly out on his own a few days earlier?

It does seem to be a bit of a coincidence though, that he's flying to a random country where a team he's been heavily linked with are due in the next few days.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The most obvious answer here is that Leicester see this as their key signing, Puel wants him integrated into the team ASAP, so they're doing a medical at an Austrian facility in the hope of getting him involved during the first of their training sessions out there.

The sneaky buggers aren't letting him see what Leicester's like. He's getting badly tricked into signing a contract. We need a mass army of us to post pictures of Leicester city centre all over his twitter account.

Together!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Geezers had a wobble again I reckon. When PW liked that twitter post I reckon we thought we had him. He's changed his mind so Leicester are getting him to Austria and away from anyone else's clothes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here