Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

albionite

May 20, 2009
Just had a look at the Leicester forum, a couple of things made me smile. Firstly the absolute total belief that if Leicester “really wanted him” he’d sign for them over Brighton, and now that it looks in the balance that he’s “shit and we’ve dodged a bullet”.

Now I’m not certain who he’ll sign for, or indeed if he’ll be any good anyway but the attitude from the Leicester supporters seems really funny, almost Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol: ) like in its “MASSIVENESS”.

Yep that one season ( as remarkable as it is) really has gone to their heads.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant thread. If we sign him, wow, what a coup.......if we don’t, he’s shit anyway and we’ve already done a ton of great-looking business.

Happy days.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This is turning into a CRACKING transfer SAGA.

First he's in, then he's out, then he's in again before being out and now? Who knows but we've got instagram posts wishing him well at his new club us. We've got deleted 'likes' by Winstanley of twitter posts saying that if we've snared Ali J what an amazing job the recruitment team have done. We've got his brother following the Albion, reports that us and Leicester have agreed a fee for him, his own photo of himself on an austrian airlines plane going...where? No one knows except that Leicester are starting a training camp there soon. We've got an agent who has been very non committal about the Albion but we've got a long standing interest in Ali J going back three years and a photo of him at the Amex.

How's it going to all end? No idea but it's going to be a fun ride and the kind of excitement we missed last summer.

Great summary with one minor omission - the Netherlands journalist who confirmed the Pröpper and Bergkamp signings saying he expects him to sign for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re that Instagram photo- I hate myself for joining the in-depth analysis :lol: but looking at those seats, that looks like a short haul flight to me (ie one within Europe).

If that was him flying from Tehran to Europe (medium/long haul) then would he not pay for business class? Alright, he plays in Holland, but you’d think he’d still earn enough for a comfy seat if it was a 7 hour flight. Also, the airline has different seats in Economy for their longer flights.

So my expert analysis is that he’s flying somewhere between European destinations, as plenty of people who can afford to upgrade don’t bother for a flight of 1-2 hrs. Maybe he was just going via Vienna back to somewhere in the Netherlands, as he couldn’t get a direct flight from Tehran easily.

Or to London :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/os872#1d349920 - 4 hour flight from Tehran to Vienna on a Airbus A320-214. I assume he was changing onto the 07:20 to Amsterdam as there were no direct flights to Amsterdam from Tehran and he is due back with AZ today. Potential he could have changed their for London of course but there are direct flights to London with BA (although not massively frequent, last was 8am Friday next 8am Sunday).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm fairly "meh" about this; it is a hell of a lot of money. Unthinkable for us even 12 months ago. I've only got a couple of WC games to judge him on and I wasn't that impressed. That said WCs can be very misleading, fantastic players can look average and average players can look amazing over those few weeks.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Usual Wiki cockwomblery.

wiki.png

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Transfer merry-go-round in full swing,

Rotariu From Bruges to AZ Alkmaar done deal.
Jahanbakhsh From AZ Alkmaar to Brighton ?
Tau From Brighton to Bruges ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just had a look at the Leicester forum, a couple of things made me smile. Firstly the absolute total belief that if Leicester “really wanted him” he’d sign for them over Brighton, and now that it looks in the balance that he’s “shit and we’ve dodged a bullet”.

Now I’m not certain who he’ll sign for, or indeed if he’ll be any good anyway but the attitude from the Leicester supporters seems really funny, almost Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol: ) like in its “MASSIVENESS”.

I err... Don't know if you have noticed or not but this thread reads almost identically?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I err... Don't know if you have noticed or not but this thread reads almost identically?
There is a subtle difference, I don’t think we’ve quite reached the Billy Big Bollocks level of the fox fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is a subtle difference, I don’t think we’ve quite reached the Billy Big Bollocks level of the fox fans.

Would it be different if we’d won the Premier League two seasons ago? I reckon we might have a few more Billy Big Bollocks fans if we had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here