Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Alireza Jahanbakhsh almost signed for Brighton in 2015. He also toured Amex Stadium but changed his mind at last hour and moved from NEC Nijmegen to AZ Alkmaar for £1.4m.
Now the link is up again and Brighton have agreed a €25mil bid for the player. It's happening
https://twitter.com/AlirezaAshraf1/status/1020632815543693313
https://twitter.com/AlirezaAshraf1

Alireza Jahanbakhsh seems to be working in the Premier League. Several sources in Iran report on Saturday that Brighton & Hove Albion is the club that is 'talking about' with the Iranian attacker from AZ.

Amir Hashemi, the agent of Jahanbakhsh, announced on Friday that a transfer abroad is in the making for his client. He did not want to mention the name of the club in question.

Among other things, the Iranian journalist Alireza Ashraf knows that Brighton will almost certainly become the new employer of the 24-year-old Jahanbakhsh. A transfer fee of approximately 25 million euros is mentioned. At Brighton, which finished in fifteenth place in the Premier League last season, the attacker would be teammate of Davy Pröpper and Jürgen Locadia, among others.

Already twice before The Seagulls were explicitly linked to Jahanbakhsh. In 2015 the international even got a tour at the club. He was then still a NEC player. Jahanbakhsh eventually chose AZ.

A transfer fee of 25 million euros would mean a club record for AZ. In the summer of 2016 the Alkmaarders received over 20 million euros for Vincent Janssen, who made the switch to Tottenham Hotspur.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuw...kast-voor-25-miljoen-naar-premier-league.html

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Note the obvious constrasts:

Montage of the little old Albion's rise, then near extinction, followed by the Amex resurrection

versus

A club who believe they're huge in any era, rattling on non-stop about 1982.

Spot the difference.

Nah I'm really struggling. All I see are 2 teams re-visiting the most important moments in their respective histories. Take off your albion coloured (or perhaps anti-villa coloured) specs.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think it will be Leicester. I've seen a tweet saying he hasn't been able to agree terms with Leicester so will come to us, but I reckon they'll meet his demands at the eleventh hour and he'll choose them.

meanwhile his brother who was following Brighton on twitter is now following Leicester as well

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it will be Leicester. I've seen a tweet saying he hasn't been able to agree terms with Leicester so will come to us, but I reckon they'll meet his demands at the eleventh hour and he'll choose them.

meanwhile his brother who was following Brighton on twitter is now following Leicester as well
I agree. Perhaps they value him less than we do but there is no way we could outbid them. Hopefully they have an alternative target

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Got to love these Iranians on the Leicester city forums.

Guys I watch PL regularly, brighton won 9 ****ing games last year. As I told you before, the kid was going to Napoli! if not for Sarri's departure. I was getting around to accepting leicester, now it seems hes going to brighton...please Help me come to terms with this move... (given up on feeling excited tbh). Had a good time here with you guys, dont even think ill bother joining a brighton forum tbh, just very depressed about this move. It seems like a lateral move in my point of view, I think AZ are actually similar in terms of quality to brighton. I want him to play with some quality big players, at Brighton he is already the most known player...

Maybe he is right and we have a player better than vicente :albion2:

Clown can’t know much about football if he thinks LESTER are a big club :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
F5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Alkmaar - Het zat er al een tijdje aan te komen, maar de climax lijkt dan nu toch rap te naderen. Alireza Jahanbakhsh zal AZ op korte termijn verlaten en de Premier League lijkt zijn bestemming te worden. Diverse Iraanse media weten te melden dat Brighton & Hove Albion de beste...

Alkmaar - It has been around for a while, but the climax seems to be approaching quickly. Alireza Jahanbakhsh will leave AZ in the short term and the Premier League seems to be his destination. Various Iranian media know that Brighton & Hove Albion is the best ...
https://drimble.nl/regio/noord-holl...akhsh-hard-op-weg-naar-de-premier-league.html

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why would he go to a dump like Leicester unless it’s for cash . They’ve achieved all they’re ever going to achieve . Massive achievement too but that’s been and gone .

Brighton have a better stadium, better training facilities , better city , better weather , better EVERYTHING !

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m hoping my last post makes it too the Leicester forum too really get them frothing 🤣

Derby are a bigger club than them anyway, and Forest . [emoji1]

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Someone's changed his Wiki page, his AZ record is now Brightons: means 'someone' has changed his Wiki page, his 'AZ RECORD' is now Brightons'. Not 'he is now a Brighton player'.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m hoping my last post makes it too the Leicester forum too really get them frothing ��

Derby are a bigger club than them anyway, and Forest . [emoji1]

They're only another Palace went in to receivership as a way pf paying for their stadium, broke FFP basically cheats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here