Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough v BHA

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Will be champions by then.
Send up the development squad in a couple of cars.
:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least we know what hotel to stay at.

Just need to find a better Indian restaurant.

Better than having a home game to finish off the season. But only just.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I take it people would rather trek up to Middlesbrough and back in, say, mid January, then?

The issue isn't the fact that it is the last day of the season it is the fact that it will be an early kick off so yes 3pm ko in January is preferable to 12.15 in May

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The issue isn't the fact that it is the last day of the season it is the fact that it will be an early kick off so yes 3pm ko in January is preferable to 12.15 in May

You get to stay in bed longer this season as 12.30 ko

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Absolute madness from a computer-generated set of fixtures without any human intervention using common sense.
All the away teams' fans in the Championship that day have long to long/medium hikes, with only 2 exceptions Rotherham (an hour) and Dirty Leeds (just over an hour).

May 7
Blackburn Rovers v Reading
Cardiff City v Birmingham City
Charlton Athletic v Burnley
Derby County v Ipswich Town
Fulham v Bolton Wanderers
Huddersfield Town v Brentford
Hull City v Rotherham United
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Milton Keynes Dons v Nottingham Forest
Preston North End v Leeds United
Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City
Wolverhampton v Sheffield Wednesday

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I take it people would rather trek up to Middlesbrough and back in, say, mid January, then?

Yes, they would. Why should our last game be away at the furthest away team in the division for the second season in a row? That is ridiculous, and unfair. This has seriously pissed me off.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Its the early kick off which is the problem.

I know it's a different division but I've just noticed Millwall's last away match is Gillingham.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Odds

Am I right in thinking that if the fixtures are drawn completely at random then the probability of drawing the same team as last year at the same venue for the final fixture is 2,116 - 1?

Mathematicians?

Oh wait. Is it 46-1? duh.

But is the probability of drawing the furthest fixture away for two consecutive seasons 2,116-1?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd have liked Forest away, because it does seem whatever team plays them at the City Ground on the last day ends up celebrating.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Am I right in thinking that if the fixtures are drawn completely at random then the probability of drawing the same team as last year at the same venue for the final fixture is 2,116 - 1?

Mathematicians?

Oh wait. Is it 46-1? duh.

But is the probability of drawing the furthest fixture away for two consecutive seasons 2,116-1?

The probability of having Middlesborough last game of season 2 seasons in a row (assuming both teams remain in the Championship) is 529-1. The probability of having the same team (anyone) is 23-1

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The probability of having Middlesborough last game of season 2 seasons in a row (assuming both teams remain in the Championship) is 529-1. The probability of having the same team (anyone) is 23-1

Not quite, it is 46-1 that we played the same team away on the last day - we could have been at HOME on the last day.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I reckon the FL have done this on purpose because our dicking about with staging a home game on Boxing Day :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here