Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixture announcement breakfast

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If the club took some serious action in the transfer market for once, I think you would find people more accepting of the corporate side of matters.

What has the transfer situation got to do with the 'corporate' side of the club's operation? (Except that the latter helps fund the former..)

Should we not 'accept' anything the club does until we have a decent team on the pitch?

Do you want the club to stop all activities except player recruitment until we have a team we deem to be up to standard?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What has the transfer situation got to do with the 'corporate' side of the club's operation? (Except that the latter helps fund the former..)

Should we not 'accept' anything the club does until we have a decent team on the pitch?

Do you want the club to stop all activities except player recruitment until we have a team we deem to be up to standard?

No of course not - but some long overdue balance would be most welcome. We have a very poor squad at the moment requiring serious enhancement before the start of the season and I remain to be convinced that we really have the desire to be competitive in the Championship - at least in the short term. Just for once it would be great if other clubs were saying - "Wow, look at the signings Brighton have made this summer, they mean business this season......"

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]611069558623981568[/tweet]

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think it's a good idea by the club - I didn't get the e-mail but I couldn't have got there anyway
Who cares if Pompey and Sunderland have done things like the Albion are trying to do - it's good to see that we're trying new things (for us).
Some people will never be satisfied with what the club try and do

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No of course not - but some long overdue balance would be most welcome. We have a very poor squad at the moment requiring serious enhancement before the start of the season and I remain to be convinced we want to be competitive in the Championship - at least in the short term.

I agree with that, but none of what you've said there is relevant to our PR and commercial operations. They have to exist and be successful regardless of the standard of the team.

And if that standard is not as good as we'd like, we should be wanting the club's PR and commercial operations to increase to bring in more revenue. We won't all agree with, or be interested in, everything they do but we should be supportive of the principle of it.

Not 'accepting' this side of the club's operations until we have a decent team is missing the point.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
CHr3QnCUsAAT5t0.jpg
Bacon roll queue.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wow. Just had a look at the fixtures and realised that there are no easy games. Every one looks a tough challenge (Rotherham aside maybe.)

This is going to be a very tough league this season.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Nice going. Why don't you call him a bedwetter next for the full set?

I don't have a problem at all with them making something of the fixture announcement today - it's free to attend after all. But to bark the same tired Chailey Jem/Iraqi Information Minister sit-down-shut-up blether at anyone who might just be feeling slightly disenfranchised by our still dreadful squad is risible. Hate to break it to you but he might not be the only one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here