Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Where are you playing the attacking midfielder ? As with a 4 4 2 kayal and Stephens have to play central, are you suggesting 1 up front ?

Elliott Bennett in by the end of the week is my guess, we need hard working wide players of we are going 442, I still am totally unconvinced with 4 4 2 looking at our squad as it stands

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Where are you playing the attacking midfielder ? As with a 4 4 2 kayal and Stephens have to play central, are you suggesting 1 up front ?

Elliott Bennett in by the end of the week is my guess, we need hard working wide players of we are going 442, I still am totally unconvinced with 4 4 2 looking at our squad as it stands

Bennett? Please no...he is way, way past his best. We need Marshall in my view and if we have to up our bid to £2.5M to £3M we should. It's not always possible to get good quality players on the cheap.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd like to see us go in for Elliot Bennett. Yes, I know an ex player and injured last year. I still feel he'd be an excellent addition to the squad. He's still young. Had a pre season. Plus he can play wide or in behind the front man. I also believe that Hull and Norwich have agreed a price for Brady. That may well push Benno down the pecking order further.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think we have already signed him, Jack Harper. I think he is Tex's replacement.

does anyone know how much he cost us?
it says as always undisclosed fee

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bennett? Please no...he is way, way past his best. We need Marshall in my view and if we have to up our bid to £2.5M to £3M we should. It's not always possible to get good quality players on the cheap.

Don't go on Bennetts loan spell that would be a big mistake, and yes I would like Marshall too, we need both desperate in my opinion, we cannot rely on lua lua and march to be fit at all, get Bennett and Marshall in please

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Past his best at 26 ?

Strewth.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, he's not; he's currently injured and CH says he hopes to see him push for a first team place once fit in the autumn. We need a first-team ready attacking midfielder.

We have players that can be in that role.. Its the worry if they get injured before he is ready, Ill grant you, but im not panicking yet about it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Don't go on Bennetts loan spell that would be a big mistake, and yes I would like Marshall too, we need both desperate in my opinion, we cannot rely on lua lua and march to be fit at all, get Bennett and Marshall in please

What else is there to go on he hasn't got much game time since then. Can't see anything on pink un if he is included much on pre season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would be happy if our last signing before the loan window opens was Elliott Bennett
Benno would be good, but we need more as the club have already said they intend to use dev squad rather than any loan window 93 day loans.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Benno would be good, but we need more as the club have already said they intend to use dev squad rather than any loan window 93 day loans.

Have they?

Andy Naylor did tweet this:-

[TWEET]624541760228859904[/TWEET]

But that relates to the fact that the emergency loan system is likely to be removed for next season. It doesn't imply anything about THIS season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unbelievably, Chris Eagles does not have a club right now.

I think we could do a lot worse. Could be just that touch of class and creativity we need, I've always rated him. There, I said it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I think we could do a lot worse. Could be just that touch of class and creativity we need, I've always rated him. There, I said it.

Plenty on this board will only be interested in bringing back Matt Sparrow.

#getthebandbacktogether

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I can't say this raises any levels of excitement with me. He's barely kicked a ball in two seasons. Also, he's never really struck me as a hard working player. I may well be wrong, however if we are going to even attempt a 4-4-2 then the wingers we do buy need to be workaholics. He's appears to be a luxury player to me and another that doesn't have any pace. We can do better.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I can't say this raises any levels of excitement with me. He's barely kicked a ball in two seasons. Also, he's never really struck me as a hard working player. I may well be wrong, however if we are going to even attempt a 4-4-2 then the wingers we do buy need to be workaholics. He's appears to be a luxury player to me and another that doesn't have any pace. We can do better.

We are clearly struggling so Eagles or nobody then it's a no brainer.

We have 1 fit winger and as things stand will have a defender as rm. We really need 2 wingers / pace/ creativity / goals / options .

It's almost getting to the point where we are going to have to not be so fussy .

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Will we singe anyone today?

This day last year Stockdale became our fourth signing of the summer so we've completed the same number of first team signings at the same stage this year, which is a concern. Also, didn't Barber say we were ahead of the game at the start of the window?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here