Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Walton OUT
'Zlatan' IN
Harper IN

3 OUT ( surprise = JFC ? )
1 IN

to come this week ???

the outs could be anytime, not all this week if any . wouldn't have thought so anyway.

The surprise out I was led to believe plays a bitter further back than JFC though no name was mentioned. Senior player was my reading of it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the outs could be anytime, not all this week if any . wouldn't have thought so anyway.

The surprise out I was led to believe plays a bitter further back than JFC though no name was mentioned. Senior player was my reading of it.

Bruno or Greer I'd guess

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

OK, forget the outs for now.

1 more singing after Harper this week :rock:

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
There were some sources that suggested a Marquee Signing yesterday evening but it wasn't announced.

Expect a big one today, unexpected, not predicted and as big as anything in the last ten years.

This will show the true intent

We are going up!

So it took a day or two longer, I feel mildly vindicated. In my mind, the most exciting signing since Vicente

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting the two youngsters this week are being counted by our offficial Twitter as signings (they said 6 yes) but the lad from Spurs etc they haven't counted. Could be every chance this weeks signings will both be Dev squad players next season - great in the long term but still feel we need 3 or 4 more proven first team players...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Interesting the two youngsters this week are being counted by our offficial Twitter as signings (they said 6 yes) but the lad from Spurs etc they haven't counted. Could be every chance this weeks signings will both be Dev squad players next season - great in the long term but still feel we need 3 or 4 more proven first team players...
It's just PR from Barber and co people are fooling for because we've added no creativitt (amd lost Texeira) no pace and only one senior striker. Lump on relegation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's just PR from Barber and co people are fooling for because we've added no creativitt (amd lost Texeira) no pace and only one senior striker. Lump on relegation.

I agree with your first comments - that's kinda how I feel - they're both kids and not senior players yet. We really need some proper signings. Just my feeling - and yes some are falling for it IMO...!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I agree with your first comments - that's kinda how I feel - they're both kids and not senior players yet. We really need some proper signings. Just my feeling - and yes some are falling for it IMO...!

I agree. I'm more than a little concerned at the spin that is turning unproven (and injured) DS signings into first team squad players.

Smacks of desperation and hints that we expect to fail in bringing in quality replacements for those who have left. For all their potential they appear to be pawns in a PR numbers game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Last of the three 'promised' singings due today then! We had the ghost of Albion future x2, no ghost of Albion present though. Will we get the ghost of Albion past today? Apologies for the Christmas Carayol references!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Last of the three 'promised' singings due today then! We had the ghost of Albion future x2, no ghost of Albion present though. Will we get the ghost of Albion past today? Apologies for the Christmas Carayol references!

Maybe it's a case of saving the BEST* to last.

*Seriously hope he doesn't return.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I think Harper will be in the match day squad pretty quickly. I'm sure a host of prem sides would have taken him in there development squads. One of the reasons he's come to us is because he believes he has a better chance of playing. He has the pedigree. I'm hoping he shows it quickly and is in an around the first team soon. Much younger players have started games in the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here