Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think getting him back gives us a low cost alternative (to U21s) and maybe allow funds to be spent on the defence though equally it could be he is back to be sold to add to funds and take someone off the wage bill. The fact that directors were said to be involved would tend to indicate the decision is about money not football.

Personally think he is very skilful but not enough end product, maybe 5 games in January could be make or break for him.

Who knows ...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think getting him back gives us a low cost alternative (to U21s) and maybe allow funds to be spent on the defence though equally it could be he is back to be sold to add to funds and take someone off the wage bill. The fact that directors were said to be involved would tend to indicate the decision is about money not football.

Personally think he is very skilful but not enough end product, maybe 5 games in January could be make or break for him.

Who knows ...
'Make or break him in 5 games' couldn't be further removed from the clubs ethos if it tried.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can't play for more than 2 teams per season and it's definitely time sensitive.

Allowed 3 if seasons overlap.
Exactly, Thessaloniki are interested apparently - loan players can come and go outside the window so it’s not time sensitive in that sense which is what I meant but yes, we need to sort something out for January - I would have thought it would be quite a good option - surely he’s good enough to slot in for a few matches then at least if he’s not good enough to come back in to RDZ’s side for the rest of the season, it would mean we are not forking out for a winger we don’t need.

Poland (Lech Poznan - Moder’s ex team?), Croatia and Sweden all have late windows too ( we already have a contact with AIK because of Ayari - maybe that’s a possibility? ). Not many options admittedly but some.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly, Thessaloniki are interested apparently - loan players can come and go outside the window so it’s not time sensitive in that sense which is what I meant but yes, we need to sort something out for January - I would have thought it would be quite a good option - surely he’s good enough to slot in for a few matches then at least if he’s not good enough to come back in to RDZ’s side for the rest of the season, it would mean we are not forking out for a winger we don’t need.

Poland (Lech Poznan - Moder’s ex team?), Croatia and Sweden all have late windows too ( we already have a contact with AIK because of Ayari - maybe that’s a possibility? ). Not many options admittedly but some.

I think his Ipswich loan will be confirmed this morning.

We must replace March asap by the way. He might not be back until the 25/26 season if he has the same recovery as Moder.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Exactly, Thessaloniki are interested apparently - loan players can come and go outside the window so it’s not time sensitive in that sense which is what I meant but yes, we need to sort something out for January

Are you sure about that? I thought emergency loans outside the window were scrapped years ago.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I do fear that all this talk of planning etc is a rich when the execution of transfers is so poor. Surely we could have had some business lined up (ala Pedro) ahead of the window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do fear that all this talk of planning etc is a rich when the execution of transfers is so poor. Surely we could have had some business lined up (ala Pedro) ahead of the window.
We only got Pedro when we did as he had a PL release clause that became active the moment Watford mathematically couldn’t get promoted

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

That's an odd take seeing as we're widely seen as the transfer kings. Most clubs would love to do the business we do.

Getting deals done early isn't easy unless the selling club are desperate to offload a player or the bid is way too good to turn down.

Last edited:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Whilst I am happy no rival team seems to sniffing around any of our players at the moment, the lack of any rumours at all is boring.

I demand action!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Whilst I am happy no rival team seems to sniffing around any of our players at the moment, the lack of any rumours at all is boring.

I demand action!

No rumours? In the past month we've been linked with Valentin Barco from Boca Juniors, Crysencio Summerville from Leeds United, Juanlu Sanchez from Sevilla, Wesley Franca from Flamengo, Sam Iling-Junior from Juventus and Agustín Ruberto from River Plate.

Any 2 of those would be very nice.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No rumours? In the past month we've been linked with Valentin Barco from Boca Juniors, Crysencio Summerville from Leeds United, Juanlu Sanchez from Sevilla, Wesley Franca from Flamengo, Sam Iling-Junior from Juventus and Agustín Ruberto from River Plate.

Any 2 of those would be very nice.
And of course, we won’t get any of those, but will suddenly sign a 18 year old from Peru that nobody has heard of. It’s how we operate.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
And of course, we won’t get any of those, but will suddenly sign a 18 year old from Peru that nobody has heard of. It’s how we operate.
He's waiting at the station:
1704304833010.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here