Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Mazilu and Sarms?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mazilu and Sarms?
In terms of the winger position, I imagine RDZ is very keen on a left footed inverted right winger to replace March who could be out until the 25/26 season.

Naylor has mentioned Mazilu today as not being the answer. The implication is that he is very much one for the future so will probably be loaned to his parent club or perhaps will join the U23s.

Sarmiento has a recall but is he really what we need? A left winger or No.10. We should have plenty of those back in February. He seems very similar to Fati and surely wouldn’t much game time when our Barca Boy returns. I’d be a little surprised if we bring back Jeremy, only to have him sat back on the bench.

I think the club will spend big or clever on a 1st choice quality right winger (as well as getting fullbacks and possibly a DM).

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In terms of the winger position, I imagine RDZ is very keen on a left footed inverted right winger to replace March who could be out until the 25/26 season.

Naylor has mentioned Mazilu today as not being the answer. The implication is that he is very much one for the future so will probably be loaned to his parent club or perhaps will join the U23s.

Sarmiento is has a recall but is he really what we need? A left winger or No.10. We should have plenty of those back in February. He seems very similar to Fati and surely wouldn’t much game time when our Barca Boy returns. I’d be a little surprised if we bring back Jeremy, only to have him sat back on the bench.

I think the club will spend big or clever on a 1st choice quality right winger (as well as getting fullbacks and possibly a DM).
:eek:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

Sarmiento is has a recall but is he really what we need? A left winger or No.10. We should have plenty of those back in February. He seems very similar to Fati and surely wouldn’t much game time when our Barca Boy returns. I’d be a little surprised if we bring back Jeremy, only to have him sat back on the bench.

Sarmiento struggling to get a start for West Brom. I really don’t think he’s the answer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Those are the 4 positions I mentioned in another thread. Sarms would be a stop gap is obvious

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sarmiento struggling to get a start for West Brom. I really don’t think he’s the answer.
Just read he is playing more regularly now although 2 goals and zero assists hardly screams recall me now…

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sarmiento's loan to WBA was never about 'proving himself', the only reason he went was to get some miles on the clock.

This season he's had 1 injury which meant he wasn't available for 5 games, so he's clearly stronger now than when he left, which was the only reason for the loan.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Was going to say same. If he's recalled from WBA it won't be to join our first team, but to reloan to a club who will play him more

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wot, no singing yet.

Bloom OUT, and take your new shiny trinket with you.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Was going to say same. If he's recalled from WBA it won't be to join our first team, but to reloan to a club who will play him more
I guess we might play him for a few games in January to cover for March, Fati, Mitoma and Adingra and also to assess where next for him - we can loan out and loan in up to 7 players any time during this season - not sure where we are at with that but it’s not time sensitive …and might solve the issue of overspending on players in January that frankly we might not want to be playing wages for when Fati, Adingra and Mitoma are all fit in February - having said that, bedding in a new winger now if they are perfect for our needs, when we could lose Mitoma in the summer might make sense - what we should have done with Caceido - don’t wait until our key players leave to transfer in but bed in replacements for 6 months before by buying in the previous transfer window.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I guess we might play him for a few games in January to cover for March, Fati, Mitoma and Adingra and also to assess where next for him - we can loan out and loan in up to 7 players any time during this season - not sure where we are at with that but it’s not time sensitive …and might solve the issue of overspending on players in January that frankly we might not want to be playing wages for when Fati, Adingra and Mitoma are all fit in February - having said that, bedding in a new winger now if they are perfect for our needs, when we could lose Mitoma in the summer might make sense - what we should have done with Caceido - don’t wait until our key players leave to transfer in but bed in replacements for 6 months before by buying in the previous transfer window.

Can't play for more than 2 teams per season and it's definitely time sensitive.

Allowed 3 if seasons overlap.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here