Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This

We already have a replacement for Bissouma in Caicedo, an equadorian International. We also have the returning loanees, I expect several to step up to the plate.

Nice to read a sensible post. Has anyone read the accounts?

again it's great that we have all these young players to come in but I'm not convinced that they're ready or that we should be overly reliant on them at this stage. sure, caicedo can probably replace biss, but I'm not sure khadra could compensate for us losing trossard yet, nor am I convinced that van hecke will be at home at left centre back when he is right footed. as it stands were probably okay but once we start selling significant first teamers there will have to be some action on the incoming front

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This

We already have a replacement for Bissouma in Caicedo, an equadorian International. We also have the returning loanees, I expect several to step up to the plate.

Nice to read a sensible post. Has anyone read the accounts?

This. Genuinely optimistic that next season sees the first real impact of the longer term strategy on the make-up of the starting XI

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not all of them will be Prem ready next season but its pretty impressive that we could add some of the following to the first team next season.

-------------------------Scherpen--------------------------

---------Van Hecke Ostigard Clarke----------------

-----Khadra Caicedo Kozlowski Mitoma-------

-----------------------Sarmiento---------------------------

----------------------Sima Zeqiri--------------------------

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’ve watched a decent amount of Mitoma and Khadra and I’m not sure either are quite there yet. I suspect our primary dreams get target (now we’ve signed Undav and seem to be showing faith in Ferguson) will be a speedy winger type. The midfield, despite its current ineptitude, looks strong with Mwepu, Moder, Caicedo, Alzate, and Mac all being more than capable of playing in a dynamic central role. But clearly we lack pace in between the lines. We have to hope that Van Hecke, Ostigard or both can step up. But if Roberts isn’t developing and Clarke isn’t good enough then we need a left footed CB.
Van Hecke Dunk Webster
Lamptey Mwepu Caicedo Cucu
Moder Mac
Undav/Maupay/Welbz

Is clearly, on paper, a decent looking team. But we’d look a hell of a lot stronger with a top class left footed CB and someone like Diaz in the final third. Perhaps Sarmiento is that player.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’ve watched a decent amount of Mitoma and Khadra and I’m not sure either are quite there yet. I suspect our primary dreams get target (now we’ve signed Undav and seem to be showing faith in Ferguson) will be a speedy winger type. The midfield, despite its current ineptitude, looks strong with Mwepu, Moder, Caicedo, Alzate, and Mac all being more than capable of playing in a dynamic central role. But clearly we lack pace in between the lines. We have to hope that Van Hecke, Ostigard or both can step up. But if Roberts isn’t developing and Clarke isn’t good enough then we need a left footed CB.
Van Hecke Dunk Webster
Lamptey Mwepu Caicedo Cucu
Moder Mac
Undav/Maupay/Welbz

Is clearly, on paper, a decent looking team. But we’d look a hell of a lot stronger with a top class left footed CB and someone like Diaz in the final third. Perhaps Sarmiento is that player.

Siebe Van der Heyden. You heard me say it (put 2+2 together and make 5) first.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
again it's great that we have all these young players to come in but I'm not convinced that they're ready or that we should be overly reliant on them at this stage. sure, caicedo can probably replace biss, but I'm not sure khadra could compensate for us losing trossard yet, nor am I convinced that van hecke will be at home at left centre back when he is right footed. as it stands were probably okay but once we start selling significant first teamers there will have to be some action on the incoming front
It is pointless having a pipeline to develp talent if none of these players are given a chance to prove their worth. Who knew (apart from Bielsa!) that Ben White would have such an impact? Khadra has already made his PL debut for us and trained with the first team squad. What about Mitoma? Is he good enough? Webster normally played left side centre back last season. Van Hecke can play on the right. Roberts and Cochrane are left sided defenders. Are they ready? Who knows? Look at the amount of players we have out on loan this season.

Tony Bloom's plan is to make the club sustainable. Look at the accounts. There will be no big signings this window whoever is sold.

Feel free to quote me in three months time!!

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
It is pointless having a pipeline to develp talent if none of these players are given a chance to prove their worth. Who knew (apart from Bielsa!) that Ben White would have such an impact? Khadra has already made his PL debut for us and trained with the first team squad. What about Mitoma? Is he good enough? Webster normally played left side centre back last season. Van Hecke can play on the right. Roberts and Cochrane are left sided defenders. Are they ready? Who knows? Look kat thle amount of players we have out on loan this season.

Tony Bloom's plan is to make the club sustainable. Look at the accounts. There will be no big signings this window whoever is sold.

Feel free to quote me in three months time!!

there's a balance to strike between these players being given the chance to show their worth and ending up over relying on them. I think the connolly situation is a good example of this. no idea how much of khadra you've seen this season, but he's far from ready. even the blackburn boss has said as much. I don't doubt that the young players we currently have here will all be a year wiser next season and some will probably come into the squad. but expecting them to replace our main men who may be sold remains a bit of a stretch imo.

the whole evolution not revolution thing applies as much to the young players as it does to the rest of the squad. whilst I doubt we'll be on a huge spending spree I imagine the club would want to ease the younger players in as opposed to selling our most important players and asking them to step straight in and that may take one or two further additions in order to do so. but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. Genuinely optimistic that next season sees the first real impact of the longer term strategy on the make-up of the starting XI

Hmmm l wish that l could sharfe all your optimism. One worry being that several players being mentioned on this thread haven't even made their 1st team debuts for the Albion yet.

I was rather hoping that their introduction would have been rather more gradula that some on here are implying.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
This transfer window will definitely be a significant one. Bissouma will almost certainly be sold, and there's a good chance that one or two of the players with only one more year will go as well meaning that there will be money to spend.

I'd be very surprised if the club haven't already lined up a replacement for Bissouma and a left sided centre back to replace Burn. I wonder if the latter could be Siebe Van der Heyden, USG's 23 year old left-footed centre back who has just been given his first cap on the Belgium national team.

Would have thought much of the cash generated from player sales this summer will need to first be used to reduce our debts before we go on any large player splurge.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The left side CB options (apart from Webster, who seems very comfortable playing there) are Clarke and Roberts. Why would you expect to see Van Hecke playing there? More like a Duffy replacement - or dare it be whispered - a rival and a threat to Dunk.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
The left side CB options (apart from Webster, who seems very comfortable playing there) are Clarke and Roberts. Why would you expect to see Van Hecke playing there? More like a Duffy replacement - or dare it be whispered - a rival and a threat to Dunk.

Roberts could be the one, in which case great. however he's not had any football league experience yet like white did, so it's a big risk. Clarke ain't good enough unfortunately.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Roberts could be the one, in which case great. however he's not had any football league experience yet like white did, so it's a big risk. Clarke ain't good enough unfortunately.

Three seasons in The Championship, generally as a first choice ........... hmmm .................

Roberts probably does need another loan.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
He’s played 25 games for Rochdale, admittedly not enough but he’s got some experience under his belt.

yes totally forgot about that loan spell

Three weasons in The Championship, generally as a first choice ........... hmmm .................

Roberts probably does need another loan.

never finished higher than 10th and finished 21st last season. he's been contracted to us for 3 seasons, if he was good enough he'd have played by now, most likely at the expense of duffy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
yes totally forgot about that loan spell

never finished higher than 10th and finished 21st last season. he's been contracted to us for 3 seasons, if he was good enough he'd have played by now, most likely at the expense of duffy
Could be an upgrade on Duffy come next season.

Besides, he's a tactical genius if he can finish 21st. and not be relegated. Get him in!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here