Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No it's not ur job to scout players, but u moan about us not finding this striker I thought u knew of one that we should have signed
i simply stated we don’t have enough options upfront and some competition would be healthy. If Maupay picks up an injury and Welbeck does Danny Welbeck who exactly will play upfront??? Personally I think that’s a fair enough question.

We have played well this season at times no doubt and also had some luck, another season and those last minute equalisers don’t come and we are back to where ever on the 20pt mark. It just doesn’t make sense why the elephant in the room is being ignored window after window.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes and true, but the figure was there for all to see.

On reflection, I should have said £50 million for greater comic effect and also would have been a justifiable dig at my deluded detractors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It's been confirmed today that the transfer window will slam open on Friday, June 10, and will slam shut at 11pm on Thursday, September 1. Apologies if fixtures but couldn't see it elsewhere on here...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It's been confirmed today that the transfer window will slam open on Friday, June 10, and will slam shut at 11pm on Thursday, September 1. Apologies if fixtures but couldn't see it elsewhere on here...

Is that longer than usual? Seems like it. Either way, plenty of time to not sign a striker, or anyone capable of running faster than an asthmatic tortoise.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The August transfer window opening in June you say . . . Goodness gracious me.

The likes of Bissouma, Trossard et al then, could well be playing their last few games in the stripes.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
And I for one don't expect any new additions this summer for the first time given the £120m loss over the previous 2 years.

Hopefully Undav and a few of the players loaned out will freshen things up for next season.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
For the first time the opening of the transfer window will have zero interest for me.

I do not expect any significant incomings, even players to be loaned out to Belgium, Stoke, Blackburn and other far-flung places.

I expect significant out-goings, more than people realise.

A new broom is needed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For the first time the opening of the transfer window will have zero interest for me.

I do not expect any significant incomings, even players to be loaned out to Belgium, Stoke, Blackburn and other far-flung places.

I expect significant out-goings, more than people realise.

A new broom is needed
For the very reasons you state, I think this will be an extremely interesting transfer window!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think this transfer window will be a lot more eventful than the recent ones. Will be interesting to follow (if GP still has his job).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This transfer window will definitely be a significant one. Bissouma will almost certainly be sold, and there's a good chance that one or two of the players with only one more year will go as well meaning that there will be money to spend.

I'd be very surprised if the club haven't already lined up a replacement for Bissouma and a left sided centre back to replace Burn. I wonder if the latter could be Siebe Van der Heyden, USG's 23 year old left-footed centre back who has just been given his first cap on the Belgium national team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This transfer window will definitely be a significant one. Bissouma will almost certainly be sold, and there's a good chance that one or two of the players with only one more year will go as well meaning that there will be money to spend.

I'd be very surprised if the club haven't already lined up a replacement for Bissouma and a left sided centre back to replace Burn. I wonder if the latter could be Siebe Van der Heyden, USG's 23 year old left-footed centre back who has just been given his first cap on the Belgium national team.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are no major incomings at all (apart from importing the entire USG team, of course :facepalm:).

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I wouldn't be surprised if there are no major incomings at all (apart from importing the entire USG team, of course :facepalm:).

This

We already have a replacement for Bissouma in Caicedo, an equadorian International. We also have the returning loanees, I expect several to step up to the plate.

Nice to read a sensible post. Has anyone read the accounts?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I would like to see a better Welbeck type coming in, as well as Undav arriving. Other than that we could see the squad improved by the likes of Khadra, Van Hecke, Mitoma, Caicedo, Clarke, Kozlowski, Ostigard, Zeqiri, and Sima.

I'd also like to see Alzate and Sarmiento given more game time. With that amount of young talent coming through there may not be much need to spend on big transfer fees. Maybe there's argument for a Prem ready Gross/March upgrade in terms of their attacking threat from midfield.

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Not a club apologist but's great the we possibly have Caicado, Mitoma, Khadra, Van Hecke and Ostigard to come in for nothing (other than the original fees). What would that little lot cost in fees if purchased on current form? £100M?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not a club apologist but's great the we possibly have Caicado, Mitoma, Khadra, Van Hecke and Ostigard to come in for nothing (other than the original fees). What would that little lot cost in fees if purchased on current form? £100M?

I can see Van Hecke, Caicedo and maybe Mitoma in next year's squad, but I think that that total valuation is a bit optimistic given that none have played a single minute in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here