Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
So we don’t have to ha’pennies to rub together for a striker but can buy a midfielder for €11m and not need him for the rest of the season?

Must be something else behind the sofa for a striker if that’s the case?!
You’d bloody hope so, this is starting to get rediculous it’s as if the under 23s has more Money for transfers than the first team:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This won't be the last time I say this.

We score lotsa goals.

We play 3 at the front like Liverpool (ahem, OK, yes Villa. What?)

We don't need a 'striker'.

We need to be more ****ing disciplined in our back third.

I'm not charging for this but, next time, standard rate is £100 an hour or £1000 a day (and that's using 2012 pricing - enjoy the Covid discount).

:shootself

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So now rumours of 2 players to be purchased and loaned back to Poland.

Meanwhile, we need a striker now. WTF!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

We score lotsa goals.

I'm not charging for this but, next time, standard rate is £100 an hour or £1000 a day (and that's using 2012 pricing - enjoy the Covid discount).

We score lots of goals because we have given up defensive solidity to play higher up the pitch. Many 3 at the back teams are more vulnerable when attacked. It’s a quid pro quo.

We do need a striker, in the same way you do need car insurance, even if you don’t crash, you need just it in case.

1 + 1 rookie natural attackers is threadbare, and before we hear Ali J et al, as a respected educator, is someone with a PhD in Maths decent cover for sickness to the Geography lecturer?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Balotelli now linked with Watford according to the BBC in response to yesterday’s poster [emoji3]

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

We score lotsa goals.

Before you go, what would your plan be if anything happened to Maupay, the lad who’s scored 50% of our goals so far this season? Asking for a mate.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Balotelli now linked with Watford according to the BBC in response to yesterday’s poster [emoji3]

Bet Muzza is delighted.

Feel a bit sorry for him, not getting much game time yet.....he’s better than that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'd be very surprised if we sign anyone today. Think a championship player or two will come in

I don't mind that. Some good players in that league. I personally think once we sign these two Polish kids that will be it. I cannot see any new recruits for the senior team maybe for the U23

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We score lots of goals because we have given up defensive solidity to play higher up the pitch. Many 3 at the back teams are more vulnerable when attacked. It’s a quid pro quo.

We do need a striker, in the same way you do need car insurance, even if you don’t crash, you need just it in case.

1 + 1 rookie natural attackers is threadbare, and before we hear Ali J et al, as a respected educator, is someone with a PhD in Maths decent cover for sickness to the Geography lecturer?

The answer is a resounding yes, but the other way round it would be a resounding 'no' :lolol:.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before you go, what would your plan be if anything happened to Maupay, the lad who’s scored 50% of our goals so far this season? Asking for a mate.

Tell your mate he makes a good point. We'd probably have to bring in another player or change the formation. We'd suffer, of course. Maupay has hit good form.

I'd love a striker to sign, don't get me wrong. I just find that the vehemence of some about this is playing into a quasi 'Barber out' narrative that I find tiresome. Endless posts from people saying 'we need a striker' (one particularly guilty party there, as you may have noticed) are about as useful endless posts demanding an end to Covid NOW! I get the point but I'd much rather read about the pros and cons of imaginary options rather than all the bloody doom and gloom.

:thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When asked Potter said he has players that can play in that position so he is not concerned and to memory that was Mac, Ali J and Trossard

He did not mention Jose or Andone

Fair enough, if the man has spoken then so be it.
I still think it’s a stunningly naive move to go forward with the idea that our back up strikers have less than 10 PL goals between them. Mac Allister and Alireza can’t get a game in their natural position so it seems perfectly reasonable they’d be suited to leading the line for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here